Staff Software Engineer (CXE Team)
About Lily AI:
Lily AI is a female-founded retail AI company empowering retailers and brands by bridging the gap between merchant-speak and customer-speak. Leveraging computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, and vertical-specific large language models (LLMs), Lily AI enhances customer shopping experiences by injecting consumer-centric language throughout the retail technology ecosystem. Interoperable with leading eCommerce platforms, Lily AI maximizes existing tech investments to deliver upwards of 9-figure revenue lift through improved product attribution, enhanced discovery, and higher customer conversion. Learn more at www.lily.ai.
As a Staff Engineer on the Customer eXperience Engineering (CXE) team, you will be a technical leader on a team of full-stack developers that build web apps, APIs, microservices, and automation to support onboarding. You will help coach developers who are earlier in their career, facilitate technical design decisions, and help key stakeholders to understand the technical tradeoffs involved in product development and maintenance.
Lily Staff Engineers are force multipliers who play a key role in leading the engineering organization, scaling the team, and deliberately cultivating the practices that will deliver value today and improve velocity tomorrow. Your listening skills are even more impressive than your presentation skills, and you are ready to be a player-coach from the first day.
In this role, you will:
- Read and review dozens of pull requests every month, and facilitate 1:1 and team conversation and collaboration about deliverables and processes
- Document systems, decisions, and technical designs
- Guide teams towards useful questions to ask and facilitate bottom-up decision-making
- Cultivate continuous improvement (testing, observability, documentation, etc…)
- Write code, submit pull requests, dig through logs, and be on call to resolve issues
What we consider critical for this role:
- Deep familiarity with agile, devops, and related continuous improvement practices
- A track record helping teams to improve while leading the delivery of complex web apps
- Extensive experience with cloud, microservices, databases, REST, and TDD
- Ability to listen, inspire creativity, and nurture play
Currently, we are hiring from the following states—(candidates must be in current residence or open to relocating):
- California ● Florida ● Georgia ● Illinois ● Massachusetts
- Minnesota ● Nevada ● New Jersey ● New York ● North Carolina
- Rhode Island ● Tennessee ● Texas ● Virginia ● Washington ● Utah ● Arizona
Compensation is competitive and will be determined based on a combination of experience, seniority, internal, external equity and location. For some context: this position in the US would pay between $169,000 - $207,500 USD per year, depending on experience and seniority. In other regions, compensation will be adjusted for local currency and local market rates. Lily AI compensation policy is calculated with a focus on equity and where employees can thrive.