Culinary Partner Acquisition Specialist
Our Culinary Partnership Acquisition Specialist plays an essential role in ensuring we provide the highest quality food for our clients from the most successful Catering Partners. In this role, you will be responsible for all phases of the sourcing process to enroll new Culinary Partners with Zerocater. From the initial selection & prospecting to the build out of menus, you will ensure that we have the supply ready to meet the demand coming. You’re the kind of person that is always up to date on the latest food trends, and love the idea of immersing yourself in the details of food descriptions & menu item pairings.
You thrive in an environment of change, and are not phased by shifts in priorities. The ideal candidate is always ready to jump in and help, whether achieving goals within their designated department, or rolling up your sleeves to help manage current Culinary Partners performance. We are a growing start up, and at times we veer outside of our lanes to fill gaps as business needs arise! To be successful in this role you must possess a strong business development or negotiation background, keen attention to detail, with organization being one of your top strengths.
What you will do:
- Vet, recruit, and onboard top Culinary Partners with expansive menu catalogues based on strategic company priorities & goals.
- Negotiate competitive margins, pricing, and portions for both new and existing menu items.
- Coach prospective Culinary Partners throughout the onboarding process.
- Introduce and monitor performance standards for our newest Culinary Partners, ensuring the long term success of their Zerocater partnership.
- Make decisions on future Culinary Partners & their menus based on cuisine gap assessments, current and future Client needs, and cross functional partnerships.
Qualifications for success:
- 2+ years of sales, partnership, or business development experience.
- 2+ years experience in the food and beverage industry partnered with deep knowledge about food and food production.
- Ability to critically identify key market trends and demand, and work collaboratively across geographies and departments.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for effective relationship management, establishing rapport, negotiating deals, and creating business partnerships.
- Experience with a CRM, Google Suite, and other tools.
*Please note this position does require you to be based in the Washington, DC market.
What we offer:
Not only will you have the opportunity to grow your career with other food-obsessed colleagues who have a shared passion for creating delight for customers, but you will also work alongside a highly collaborative team that values leading with trust and respect, and taking smart risks.
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Unlimited PTO, 9 paid holidays, 5 days of sick time, plus 8 hours of volunteer time
- Low to no-cost comprehensive health insurance (Blue Cross)
- Medical concierge through One Medical
- Dental & vision coverage
- Employer-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- $100 monthly gym stipend
“The shared meal elevates eating from a mechanical process of fueling the body to a ritual of family and community, from the mere animal biology to an act of culture.”
- Michael Pollan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Something looks off?