Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)
At WelbeHealth each participant of our program is guided by our Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) - composed of clinical and non-clinical members who work cohesively to provide quality patient-centered care. Our values and participant focus lead the way no matter what. The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) will be a key member of the IDT, assisting with care planning and providing condition updates to the rest of the clinical team.
The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant, under the direction of an occupational therapist, is accountable for assisting with performing test and providing restorative and rehabilitative occupational therapy services to participants at the center and at home to maximize participant independence, safety, and enhance performance of ADLs. The Occupational Therapist Assistant will work with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement plan of care established by the Occupational Therapist.
Essential Job Duties:
- Administer participant’s treatment programs as established by the occupational therapist
- Assist occupational therapist in obtaining vital signs, range of motion and strength testing
- Coordinate with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement activities and programs based on the participant’s individual treatment plans
- Handle scheduling of participants treatment, clinical visits, and billing
- Track and maintain maintenance for equipment
- Deliver and document occupational therapy interventions in accordance with the Occupational Therapist’s established care plans including but not limited to the use of devices, techniques, activities to promote muscle re-education, perceptual-motor and cognitive function, balance and endurance, endurance and other factors affecting the level of independence in performing ADLs
- Associate degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant from Accredited Program
- The qualifying Occupational Therapy Assistant Degree earned outside of the US must be evaluated to the US equivalent to a Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Valid California Occupational Therapy Assistant License, or proof of License eligibility
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record and copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required
- Minimum of two (2) years of Occupational Therapy Assistant experience in a clinical setting with a frail or elderly population
- Occupational Therapy Assistant knowledge necessary to treat frail, elderly participants with complex needs
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your occupational therapy expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance - We mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Total compensation includes base, bonus, and equity
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $33.11 - $41.39 hourly + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all our employees and proof of vaccination, or a vaccine declination form will be required prior to employment. WelbeHealth maintains required infection control and PPE standards and has requirements relevant to all team members regarding vaccinations.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams