The WelbeHealth PACE program helps seniors stay in their homes and communities by providing comprehensive medical care and community-based services. We provide the utmost patient-focused level of care to our vulnerable senior population.
The WelbeHealth Kitchen Assistant is accountable for assisting in the provision of safe, therapeutic nutrition services at the WelbeHealth day centers. The Kitchen Assistant receives vendor-prepped food, prepares it for participant meal service, verifies the temperatures of cooling and warming equipment are recorded as directed, and ensures that the kitchen area remains clean and sanitary at all times.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assist the Registered Dietitian in provision of safe, therapeutic nutrition services that meet the diverse needs of WelbeHealth participants
- Maintain acceptable storage standards of vendor-prepared food prior to meal service
- Measure and record food temperature on delivery and at regular intervals prior to serving, assuring that food remains safe and within the ranges indicated in WelbeHealth policies & procedures
- Prepare and plate food for meal service, following instructions on participants’ dietary cards for specific diets, preferences, and special needs
- Label and date all perishable food in WelbeHealth refrigerators and freezers, including any pre-packaged meals for home delivery, making sure all food is fresh and safe for consumption
- Record inventory on dishes, silverware, food supplies, and cleaning supplies, and place orders for replacements as needed
- High school diploma or equivalency
- CA Servsafe and Food Handlers Certification
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in food service or preparation
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth: Apply your expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, sick time
- Advancement opportunities - We’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $20.00 - $22.05 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all our employees and proof of vaccination, or a vaccine declination form will be required prior to employment. WelbeHealth maintains required infection control and PPE standards and has requirements relevant to all team members regarding vaccinations.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams