Chief Clinical Officer
WelbeHealth PACE (All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and in their communities. Our innovative and comprehensive range of medical services to participants is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms! We employ a collaborative Interdisciplinary (IDT) team approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
The Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) is responsible for overseeing the PACE program Medical Directors and PACE clinical operations. The CCO works under the guidance of the Chief Medical Officer to provide direction and guidance to the clinical staff and collaborate with other Welbe leaders in the pursuit of highest quality of care to participants. The CCO is responsible for exceptional quality across clinician experience, clinical outcomes, and operating metrics. This clinical leader is metrics-driven and works in close partnership with the operations team to scale the model to new markets across the country. The CCO is responsible for attracting, developing and retaining talented clinical staff including medical directors, physicians and primary care providers. The CCO is driven by a passion to bringing best-in-class care models to serve vulnerable seniors.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership and direction to the clinical staff, including Medical Directors, Associate Medical Directors, primary care physicians, primary care providers, clinical educators and other healthcare professionals.
- Driving and executing on the overall clinical function and all the key areas, including:
- Clinical documentation accuracy and coding excellence
- Exceptional clinical quality and appropriate utilization
- Partnerships with providers in the community to expand and enrich our network.
- Creating an exceptional participant experience
- Ensure compliance beyond
- Managing care for our participants in a capitated model, engaging in decision-making at a patient-level and a Center-level to ensure the best possible care for our population.
- Building the next generation of value-based care leaders by investing in the development, performance management, and mentoring of the physician and provider team
- Complete all required documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect privacy and maintain confidentiality of all company procedures and information about team members, participants, and families.
- Follow WelbeHealth policies and procedures and participate in any required Quality Improvement activities, staff training and meetings.
- Communicate regularly with Supervisor and team regarding workload and priorities.
- Timely completion of all mandated training and education.
- Timely completion of all mandated occupational health screenings as needed.
- Exercises flexibility in performing assignments as business needs evolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Requires Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice or Geriatrics
- Active State Physician License without Restrictions
- State CDS Certification and DEA Registration
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience (10+years) as a healthcare and physician leader, specifically in a PACE or other value-based care model, preferably in models that serve frail, vulnerable, and chronically ill seniors.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of value-based care models and aligned physician compensation models, including leading and building the various clinical functions that are part of it.
- Proven experience building and managing high-performing, multidisciplinary clinical teams within multiple states.
- Current and active state physician state and global license, without restrictions, with a specialty in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, or Geriatrics
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience leading in a data-driven organization, leveraging reports and data to prioritize and manage people and projects.
- Highly motivated, inspirational leader who is able to innovatively engage, support and remove barriers for the team to ensure the team consistently meet established goals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth Apply your expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely care for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vison)
- Work/life balance - we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities - we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice and Tail Insurance
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams
Something looks off?