The Registered Dietitian is responsible for developing and implementing the WelbeHealth nutrition services program working in close collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). In addition to delivering nutrition services such as assessments counseling to the participants, the Registered Dietitian functions as a liaison between WelbeHealth and the food and supplement service providers, develops the menus and ensures compliance with all regulations pertaining to the kitchen and meal service delivery. The Registered Dietician is a member of the WelbeHealth leadership or management team and facilitates collaborative relationships across WelbeHealth and with external stakeholders to promote the WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct Nutrition assessments to determine the nutrition needs, preferences and goals of the participants and actively participate in IDT meetings to develop participant care plans.
- Deliver and document direct care Nutrition interventions in accordance with physician orders and/or as agreed upon in the participants’ care plans including but not limited to implementing and monitoring special diets and meal intake and providing nutrition counseling to participants and families.
- Oversee the menu planning and meal delivery program to ensure that all safety and regulatory requirements are met, and participants receive the correct special diets.
- Oversee the coordination of supplements as ordered. •Provide staff training to day center staff on the meal delivery program as needed.
- Manage the Nutrition staff including staff including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- Work with the PACE Physician and other members of the IDT to support smooth care transitions between settings (e.g., hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home, etc.).
- Support the intake and enrollment process to ensure prospective participants move through the enrollment process in a timely and effective manner.
- Remain alert to pertinent input from other team members, participants, and caregivers and update the IDT promptly of any changes in participants’ condition or psychosocial status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Registered Dietician (RD) Credential by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Be legally authorized to practice in position location, required.
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record.
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required.
- Minimum of (4) years experience managing nutrition services in a similar setting.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Minimum of one year of experience with a frail or elderly population.
- Two years supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Ability to process accurate information in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills in settings with seniors, their families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Experience leading in a data-driven organization, leveraging reports and data to prioritize and manage people and projects.
- Highly motivated, inspirational leader who is able to innovatively engage, support and remove barriers for the team to ensure the team consistently meet established goals.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Experience and competency working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Commitment to unlocking the full potential of our most vulnerable seniors.
Salary base range for this role is $64,480.00 - $81.536.00 annually + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams
Something looks off?