Primary Care Physician
Primary Care Physician
WelbeHealth PACE (All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and in their communities. Our innovative and comprehensive range of medical services to participants is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms! We employ a collaborative Interdisciplinary (IDT) team approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to WelbeHealth values, team culture and mission.
The Internal Medicine Physician performs in-person comprehensive assessments and coordinates with the IDT to develop a care plan for each participant. At the direction of the Medical Director, the Primary Care Physician oversees all care of participants in nursing homes and hospitals including admits and discharges for acute, short-term, and long-term placement and the use of medical specialists to ensures effective care coordination. The Primary Care Physician also provides direction and support to Nurse Practitioners and other members of the IDT Team.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides assessment, planning, primary care, and continuous medical coverage to participants
- Collaborates with community-based physicians and IDT in discharge planning from acute or long-term settings
- Actively participates in IDT, communicating participant changes and collaborating on care planning decisions and coordinating 24-hour care delivery
- Helps maintain care of participants in the nursing home, making regular visits as dictated by participant need
- Takes part in rotating night and weekend call
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Master’s Degree/ Doctorate Degree
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Board Certification – Geriatrics preferred
- Active California Physician License without Restrictions
- State CDS Certification and DEA Registration
- Valid State Driver’s License with a clean DMV record
- Copy of recent Vehicle Insurance required
Benefits of Working at WelbeHealth Apply your expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely care for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vison)
- Work/life balance - we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities - we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice Insurance
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $245,000 to $275,000 + Bonus + Equity. WelbeHealth offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
At WelbeHealth, our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At WelbeHealth, we embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we're committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at WelbeHealth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
Beware of Scams