Channel Sales Manager - Australia
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Channel Sales Manager - ANZ Northern Region
We’re looking to add an enthusiastic, driven, and ambitious Channel Sales Manager based in Sydney to drive the strategy and acceleration of Wasabi's business in the region. The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for for executing Wasabi’s go-to-market model and driving a preference for Wasabi in enterprise customers, leveraging channel partners to reach more customers and grow Wasabi’s market share. Primary responsibilities include targeted recruitment and activation of channels, including Value-Added Resellers and Cloud/ Managed Service Providers, while working closely with Distributors and Technology Alliance Ecosystem to drive revenue.
As part of the Wasabi Sales Organization in APAC, you will work remotely to prospect, onboard, and activate new partners. You will work with those partners to add Wasabi to their sales and marketing models, to evangelize the Wasabi value proposition, and ultimately help them fulfill end-user Wasabi business. The award winning Wasabi Partner Network Program offers channel partners free training and marketing resources to get activated quickly and is an outstanding resource to our channel sales teams.
This role will report to the Channel Leader for ANZ.
- Influence Partners and Distributors to align their business resources to drive Wasabi revenue.
- Recruit, onboard, and activate new, qualified VARs and Cloud/Managed Service Providers.
- Identify large targeted partners and hold regular sales training, meetings and business planning sessions including QBRs and to plan MDF spending, business activities.
- Present and gain inspired understanding of Wasabi’s disruptive hot cloud storage solution within partner sales teams.
- Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in partner accounts.
- Establish and maintain joint partner planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Foster excellent communication internally and externally, and in adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leverage marketing automation and CRM tools to rapidly isolate ideal partner and end-user prospects and systematically track activity and forecast opportunities.
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise storage background with a vendor or channel (object storage a plus).
- 3-5 years of channel sales/management experience in the backup and recovery space.
- Ability to effectively build funnel and manage pipeline is required to drive business and achieve channel sales quota.
- Disciplined about planning, setting goals, and following up.
- Having a presales/technical background is preferred (SaaS, storage etc.).
- Subscription-based selling experience beneficial (cloud services a bonus).
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Self-starter, good presentation skills and business acumen.
- Enthusiastic about the challenge of working at a hyper growth start-up.
- B.A. or B.S. degree.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
See more open positions at Wasabi Technologies
Something looks off?