Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Sr. Machine Learning Engineer
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, your role will be crucial in deploying scalable machine learning solutions as part of a new cloud-based product at Wasabi, with a focus on enhancing our computer vision and audio processing capabilities. You'll be tasked with the development and refinement of tools and systems for training, deploying, and monitoring models at scale. Your work will leverage a modern software stack including Kubernetes, Docker, and more, supporting modern ML frameworks.
In this senior position, you'll play a pivotal role in advancing our software engineering, DevOps, and data science/machine learning capabilities within a collaborative environment. Working closely with a team of passionate engineers, you will help drive innovation, optimize model performance, and contribute to high-quality, high-value model production, aligning with our mission to redefine the boundaries of machine learning and cloud storage.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Develop and deploy machine learning at scale into IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS environments.
- Orchestrate computer vision and audio processing capabilities, ensuring optimal performance.
- Navigate, optimize, or replace operational tools, focusing on containers and Kubernetes.
- Process video and audio files using machine learning for face, object, voice, sound, text, sentiment recognition, and detection.
- Constantly innovate, optimizing models for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Collaborate with full-stack developers and DevOps teams to implement code into production.
- 5+ years of proven experience deploying ML models into production using Golang or Python.
- Strong understanding and implementation of the latest research and open source capabilities in AI.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for pioneering solutions and embracing challenges. Ability to work independently and juggle priorities, thriving in a hypergrowth environment.
- Agile and adaptive mindset in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.