Senior Technical Support Engineer
Software Engineering, IT, Customer Service
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Wasabi’s Sr. Technical Support Engineer will bring AWS storage experience and will be part of our Technical Support Team. This is an opportunity to leverage your experience in cloud storage and networking infrastructure. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about cloud storage and believe that world-class service is critical to customer success. You will support and simplify the operational scalability that sustains Wasabi's strong growth. Your success will be measurable and visible.
On a typical day, Wasabi senior technical support engineers might deep dive to determine the root cause of a customer issue, investigate why a performance metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Wasabi, or discuss new approaches to automate operational issues. The purpose of senior technical support engineer is to provide technical leadership in solving complex issues and become point of escalation.
Wasabi is based in Boston MA, but we are open to remote candidates based elsewhere in the United States. Travel is not regularly required.
This role reports to the Manager of Technical Support Engineering.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Help our enterprise customers integrate their applications with Wasabi Cloud Storage.
- Explore the inner workings of the S3 protocol and its interoperability with Wasabi’s services.
- Engage with Wasabi Sales and Development engineers worldwide to enhance Wasabi’s service.
- Collaborate with the Support Team members to provide technical leadership.
- Must have hands on experience with AWS S3 Cloud Storage.
- Must be AWS Solution Architect Associate Certified.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- 4+ years of experience in technical support or network operations.
- Experience supporting mission critical systems that operate 24x7x365.
- Understanding of Backup Software, Applications using APIs & SDKs.
- Understanding of Linux and Networking protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, TLS.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.