Distribution Channel Account Manager
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Distribution Channel Account Manager
Wasabi’s Distribution Channel Account Manager will report to the Manager of Distribution Sales on the North America Channel Sales team. This role is remote from the mountain or central time zones or can be out of our Boston corporate headquarters. We are looking to hire an experienced distribution channel account manager to manage assigned North America distributors. Experience supporting Climb, Pax8, or TD SYNNEX among others is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of working within a two-tier distribution model.
This individual will have a proven track record of onboarding distribution sales representatives to introduce and leverage their existing channel of MSPs, VARs, and DMRs, to Wasabi. This candidate will have a varied background, including previously selling cloud offerings from AWS, Azure, and GCP. Additionally, they need to have an understanding of data protection backup solutions such as Veeam, Veritas, Cohesity, Rubrik, Commvault, Unitrends, Arcserve and cybersecurity solutions sold through the channel.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Develop and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Wasabi's position and opportunities within assigned distributors.
- Weekly monitor, manage, and forecast, each distributor’s channel pipeline.
- Leverage our Wasabi distributors to get deeper and wider within Wasabi’s current channel of over 19,000 reseller partners.
- Continue to recruit and train additional potential Wasabi cloud partners.
- Work with distributor’s other line card vendors such as data protection and cybersecurity manufacturers to form joint go to market programs and webinars.
- Work with distributors internal and outside sales teams to promote and educate them on Wasabi’s unique disruptive cloud business models.
- Build and execute territory plans for growing distributors top focus partners.
- Have a successful track record of exceeding quota, milestone achievements, operational excellence, and strong cross-functional skills. Be recognized as a high achiever who is willing to work broadly to resolve sales and operational issues in an inclusive way, and significant experience with sales process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have 5+ years of channel sales and distribution experience working with local, regional, national VARS, DMRs, MSPs and technology alliance partners.
- Knowledgeable with CRMs such as Hubspot and SFDC.
- Additional experience in selling via the channel to MSPs, SMBs, SLED, and healthcare verticals is a plus.
- Willing to travel as needed.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.