Business Development Manager, Surveillance - EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Business Development Manager, Surveillance - EMEA
Wasabi is seeking a Business Development Manager, Surveillance for our EMEA region. The role is to build on the success of the Global Surveillance team and actively focus on the emerging EMEA market. Responsibility will be to identify, sign, onboard and manage its regional and global (when headquartered in EMEA) strategic relationships across the Surveillance OEM and Alliances arena. The candidate will be expected to bring their own existing regional surveillance VAR/SI channel relationships to the conversation as well as relationships with Europe's leading VMS and camera vendors.
Our business development team members have domain expertise over both the sales, technical and commercial/contractual side of the desk. The team is tasked to identify partner relationships that could be categorized as OEM, Alliance or Channel. As SME’s the team also assist the sales regions to identify and close end user opportunities when necessary. This role requires not only solution architecture expertise but also significant knowledge over alliances, vendors and the prem and cloud storage ecosystem.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Identify and close OEM, Alliance and Channel partner opportunities.
- Own and manage the Surveillance associated revenue goals along with the rest of the Surveillance team.
- Manage and enable successful service launches and manage partners to an agreed revenue by working with and calling on other support functions within Wasabi.
- Lead the way in creating long-lasting, global and strategic relationships.
- Identify and create go-to-market strategies that increase Wasabi’s presence in new vertical or up-market in Mid-Market and Enterprise categories.
- Identify and out-match competitive risks from either external vendors or internal development.
- 8-10 years of experience in developing, enabling, managing and regional strategic partnerships specifically in the surveillance market.
- Domain expertise over Storage, VMS, Camera, NVR, VSaaS and other associated market technologies and solutions.
- Standing relationships with surveillance vendors, Integrators, resellers and A&E communities.
- Fluent German speaker.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.