Senior DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Wasabi is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the DevOps and Automation Team.
In this role, you will use your DevOps Skills to build the CICD Pipe line, Deploy services to production environment and troubleshoot deployment and application issues. Improve Service deployments, monitoring and regular Maintenance tasks using automation skills. Enhance security of the vault by implementing strict security policies. Use troubleshooting skills to identify issues in production and report and help application teams in improving highly reliable, secure, scalable, and innovative applications for Wasabi's hot cloud storage service. Build and Develop tools to reduce the repetitive work.
You should have expertise in agile software development, collaborate with team members, and be a pragmatic, enthusiastic problem-solver.
You should also demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively connect with other engineering teams and have a solid foundation in Development and operations.
This role will report to the CICD & Automation Team-lead.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Help design, build, Automate, scale, and secure Wasabi cloud application Production Environments using infrastructure-as-code with Ansible,Terraform, Docker/Containers, Kubernetes, Bash, Go and Python.
- Help monitor and maintain Production environments using experience with ELK, Loki, Grafana, Prometheus and alertManager.
- Troubleshoot Production hardware, networking and application issues using experience with Ubuntu or any other Linux operating system, Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking and experience managing production environments remotely.
- Securing production environments using security best practices.
- 5+ years experience development and managing production environments in devops role.
- Understanding and passion for developing highly automated, secure, always-up systems.
- Experience in Monitoring and maintaining large scale Linux based production environments using ELK, Prometheus or similar applications.
- Experience in automating application deployment and production maintenance tasks using Ansible and terraform.
- Demonstrable experience with one or more languages such as Python and bash.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.