Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 2, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Business Development Representative
Wasabi Technologies Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, driven and ambitious sales Rockstar. Wasabi’s Business Development Representative is a hunter, calling on new prospects to help them securely store their important data backups and archives with Wasabi’s fast, highly secure, and inexpensive hot cloud storage.
You’ll identify prospects who are willing to consider a game-changing cloud storage alternative to AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. You’ll also identify prospects who are ready to implement a hybrid solution that complements their existing on-premises storage technologies. You’ll receive in-depth Wasabi training to help you embrace and enjoy the Wasabi conversation with your prospects. You’ll be armed with marketing qualified leads and an arsenal of resources to attract your prospects to Wasabi.
The Wasabi Business Development Rep works to uncover and qualify the storage needs and buying timelines of prospects. Success is measured by the number of prospects who agree to Sales qualified appointments or start a Wasabi free trial.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Call on warm leads generated from webinars, trade shows, virtual events, partner events and also call on leads generated by your own research.
- Successfully qualify warm leads to determine pain points, use-cases, and potential cloud storage volume needs.
- Schedule appointments and warmly introduce qualified leads to Wasabi Enterprise, Commercial, Channel, or Inside Sales representatives in order to accelerate their pipelines..
- Routinely capture activities and qualification details in Wasabi’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database.
- Meet weekly with marketing colleagues for closed loop feedback on marketing campaign results and success metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Enthusiastic about the challenge of working at a fast-paced and exciting start-up.
- 1+ year experience as a technology BDR / SDR.
- Self-starter who enjoys and is very comfortable with cold calling.
- Communicates professionally verbally, and in writing.
- Comfortable with constructive criticism.
- Able to leverage marketing and sales tools (Hubspot, Salesforce) to automate processes.
- Disciplined about planning and setting goals and achieving success.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.