Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Performance Engineer
Wasabi Performance Team takes pride in ensuring that the experience of customers continues to be faster than the competition. As a member of the Performance team, you will be responsible for optimizing the performance of software applications, systems and infrastructure. This includes identifying bottlenecks, improving response times and ensuring the system can handle high volumes of traffic and data.
You will be involved in analyzing the performance of software systems, testing and benchmarking, implementing performance improving changes and monitoring performance of productions systems. Performance engineers may also work with developers to help them write efficient code and with infrastructure engineers to ensure that the underlying systems are optimized for performance. They also use a variety of tools and techniques to assess and improve the performance of systems, including load testing, stress testing, profiling, and capacity planning. They must have a strong understanding of computer science principles, software architecture and operating systems, as well as experience with performance optimization and trouble shooting.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Design, develop, deploy, maintain and improve large scale and high-performance storage systems.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance optimization activities.
- Contribute and drive idea generation for new storage capabilities and bring them to fruition, as well as provide analytical stress evaluations of application/systems and service level compliance, using statistical, analytical and simulation methods.
- Write clean, efficient and maintainable code in addition to tests and documentation.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software, monitor maintenance and operation of production environment.
- Proactively identify performance bottlenecks, revealing abnormal system behavior and addressing root causes of service issues.
- 5+ years of large scale, distributed software design and development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Well versed in performance metrics and algorithms, as well as stron analytical and debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of Linux Kernel and files systems, preferably including ZFS.
- Experience developing and deploying backend storage services in go and/or C++.
- Experience designing microservices and their interfaces in order to maximize the end to end performance of a service.
- Understanding of modern APU best practices (HTTP, REST, Swagger, gPRC).
- The candidate should have excellent mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with modern virtualization and containerization technologies and public cloud environments.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.