Manager, Business Development Representatives
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Manager, Business Development Representatives
Wasabi Technologies Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and ambitious sales leader responsible for overseeing and leading a team of Business Development Representatives that generates consistent and high-quality stream of leads for the sales team.
The Manager, BDR, will report to the Director of North America Inside Sales.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Team Leadership:
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of Business Development Representatives.
- Set clear performance expectations and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members.
- Be prepared to orchestrate and run team meetings and team building events.
- Strategy Development:
- Develop and implement lead generation strategies and tactics to achieve lead generation goals.
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to align lead generation efforts with sales objectives.
- Process Optimization:
- Design and refine lead generation processes, workflows, emails, and talking scripts to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor and measure key performance metrics to assess the team's productivity and success.
- Target Setting:
- Establish lead generation targets, and ensure the team is meeting or exceeding these targets.
- Develop KPIs and reporting mechanisms to track progress.
- Training and Development:
- Provide ongoing 1-1 training, coaching, and mentoring to the BDRs to help them improve their prospecting and lead-generation skills
- Work alongside the Sales Enablement team to keep the BDRs up to date on Wasabi’s products, use cases, industries, and competitors.
- Data Analysis:
- Analyze data and reports to identify trends and areas for improvement in the lead generation process.
- Use data to make informed decisions and guide the team's activities.
- Lead Qualification:
- Oversee the process of qualifying and nurturing Marketing Qualified leads to ensure they are sales ready.
- Ensure that leads are appropriately segmented, prioritized, and tracked in the CRM.
- Foster collaboration and effective communication between BDRs, sales teams, PODs, and marketing teams to ensure a seamless handoff of leads.
- Reporting and Documentation:
- Maintain records of lead generation activities and results.
- Prepare regular reports and updates for senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Possesses 1-2 years of sales leadership and team management experience (storage experience a plus).
- Recognized as a high achiever who is willing to work broadly to resolve issues in an inclusive way, and significant experience with sales process improvement.
- Self-motivated individual, passionate about achieving personal success, team success and company success.
- Enthusiastic about the challenge of working at a fast-paced and exciting start-up.
- Comfortable with constructive criticism.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and sales automation tools.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.