Director, Regional Sales
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Director, Regional Sales
We’re looking to add an enthusiastic, driven, and ambitious Director, Regional Sales to execute the strategy and acceleration of Wasabi's business in the region. The Sales Director is responsible for hiring and managing the in-region sales team and driving adoption of Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage by executing Wasabi’s go-to-market model.
As part of the Wasabi Sales Organization and reporting to the Vice President, Sales for North America, you’ll be responsible for the in-region quota. You’ll directly and indirectly manage a team that includes the following members:
- High-touch Commercial Account Executives (CAEs) and Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) building and closing a book of business that is most commonly fulfilled by Wasabi channel partners and occasionally fulfilled directly by Wasabi.
- Business Development Representatives who work closely with Wasabi Marketing to prospect for new and added business.
- Channel Account Managers (CAMs) who work with a defined set of focused partners who add Wasabi to their sales and marketing models, evangelize the Wasabi value proposition, and ultimately generate end-user Wasabi business.
- Renewal Representatives who are generating repeat and upsell business.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Own, manage, and report on region’s forecast with a focus on meeting and exceeding quota.
- Define, lead, and manage the cross functional Wasabi team and processes to meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Orchestrate and execute routine 1:1 and team meetings to coach on overall sales techniques, overcoming individual opportunity challenges, accurate opportunity tracking and forecasting.
- Be the management contact for high-focus partners and opportunities.
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Report on end-user and channel partner enablement activities.
- Work collaboratively with Channel Management to further enable and activate focus VARs and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to drive in-region revenue.
- Participate in business planning sessions including partner QBRs to develop forecasts, plan MDF spending, and key business activities.
- Leverage CRM and marketing automation tools to rapidly isolate ideal partner and end-user prospects and systematically track activity and forecast opportunities.
- Influence Technology Alliance Partners and Distributors to align their business resources to drive in-region Wasabi revenue.
- Work collaboratively with Sales Director peers to capitalize on best Wasabi Sales practices.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional leadership teams including Wasabi Marketing and Product teams to address change requirements and new features.
- Track record of success meeting or exceeded a regional revenue quota in a fast-growing Cloud Services IaaS or SaaS company.
- 3 – 5 years of first-line sales management experience.
- 10+ years of technology sales experience (storage experience a plus).
- Disciplined about planning, setting goals, and building strong team relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively across sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative, self-starting team player, willing to make positive suggestions to further Sales organization and Wasabi-wide success.
- Prior experience with SFDC or other CRM platforms required, Sales training certification a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent University degree.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.