Vice President, People & Talent
People & HR
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Vice President, People & Talent
Wasabi Technologies is seeking a highly experienced and strategic leader to join our team as the Vice President of People and Talent. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for driving our talent acquisition, people operations, partnering and development strategies to support the company's growth and mission. As a key member of our leadership team, you will play a critical role in shaping our workplace culture, fostering employee engagement, and ensuring that our people are aligned with our business objectives.
This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Lead the People and Talent teams providing strategic direction along with mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy to attract top talent in alignment with the company's objectives. Build initiatives to attract inbound candidate flow as well as direct recruiting outreach.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including candidate sourcing, interviewing, and selection, to ensure we hire candidates who embody our values and have the skills required for success.
- Oversee People operations, including the full employee life cycle, benefits administration, compensation, HRMS management, payroll and compliance with domestic and international labor laws and regulations.
- Adopt leading edge technology solutions to ensure efficient, scalable operations as well as capitalize on emerging systems capabilities.
- Support the implementation of UKG as our new Human Resources Management System with a phased delivery approach.
- Collaborate with HR business partners and department heads to implement programs for continuous learning and professional development, fostering a culture of growth and career progression.
- Drive initiatives to develop and enhance culture, DE&I, employee engagement, performance management, recognition, retention, and productivity.
- Collaborate with the Company’s Compensation Committee to develop compensation philosophy and policies.
- Provide insights and analytics to measure the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives, personnel utilization across all functions of the organization, enabling data-driven recommendations for improvements. Leverage benchmarking and other insight models to drive productivity measurement and expansion planning.
- Implement and maintain HR policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure legal compliance and a fair and equitable workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior HR leadership roles, with a proven track record of developing and executing HR and talent strategies.
- Experience as the leader of HR for a global organization.
- Strong understanding of HR best practices, labor laws, and industry trends.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change and foster a positive work environment.
- Experience in building and leading high-performing teams.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.