Senior Software Engineer - Foundation
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Senior Software Engineer - Foundation
To be successful in this role, you should have expertise in agile software development, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In this position, you should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- We’re seeking a Kubernetes expert to design, deploy, and oversee Kubernetes clusters across multiple global data centers managed by Wasabi.
- Implementing design patterns for distributed systems, configuring, and managing CI/CD pipelines and create the container infrastructure platform.
- You will play a critical role in ensuring the scalability, availability, and security of our applications while collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Implement security best practices in Kubernetes configurations, container images, and cloud environments ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Work with a highly effective agile team helping define and build our global application and services framework.
- Create documentation for deployment processes, infrastructure architecture, and troubleshooting guides.
- Maintain a consistent level of communication between developers and the application stakeholders.
- Contribute to the improvement of the team’s software and agile process.
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Proven experience in designing, deploying, and managing large scale distributed Kubernetes clusters in production environments is a must.
- Proven experience in containerization technologies and familiarity with container orchestration patterns is a must.
- Understanding and expertise with Linux and scripting a must. Experience with Ansible, Terraform and related tools.
- Experience with any public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Understanding of web services and modern API best practices (HTTP, REST, GRPC).
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP and SSL/TLS.
- Experience with Agile software development principles and methodologies.
- Previous experience in a cloud storage environment.
- Possess a good attitude and a “team-first” mentality.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.