People Operations Generalist
People & HR, Operations
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: People Operations Generalist
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced People Operations Generalist to join our team. As a People Operations Generalist, you will play a crucial role in administering and optimizing our organization's people operations functions. This role is a true generalist role that will provide the opportunity to be involved in every facet of Human Resources, including but not limited to payroll, benefits administration, project management, onboarding, policy implementation, compliance, and documentation. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, detail-oriented, possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills and is excited to be a critical partner in project management.
This role will report to the Manager of People Operations.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Partner with HR and Legal teams to review job descriptions, compensation structures, and employee classifications to ensure alignment with FLSA regulations.
- Assist in the administration of Human Resources, Payroll, 401(k) and Benefits Systems.
- Participate in the administration of employee benefits, acting as expert and liaison between benefits providers and employees.
- Conduct employee onboarding and assist in the organization of training & development, as well as employee engagement initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on HRIS systems and tools, providing guidance and support to HR teams and and-users.
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures to ensure consistency and compliance across the organization.
- Ad-hoc project management responsibilities based upon organizational initiatives.
- Monitor and resolve employee inquires in various HR-related topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of HR experience in fast growing organizations providing full range support in all areas of People Operations/HR.
- 4+ Years of experience with HR/Payroll/Benefit platforms and tools with experience in implementing and optimizing a HRIS systems.
- In-depth knowledge of FLSA regulations and guidelines and their practical application in HR operations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of human resources regulations, state and federal employment law.
- Expert level attention to detail in every aspect of work.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.