Cloud Tech Support Engineer - Co-op
IT, Customer Service
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 12, 2022
At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: Cloud Tech Support Engineer - Co-op
Wasabi Technologies Inc. is seeking for an enthusiastic candidate who has a software engineering background and interest to join our exciting team for a period of 8 months co-op term from January to August (spring term 2024). This position offers flexible hours and competitive market wages.
The position reports to the Technical Support Engineering Manager, and will work closely with our Support Team, the Product Team, other Development & QA Teams, and other NEU co-ops.
*Principals Only. No Recruiters.
- Help our enterprise customers integrate their applications with Wasabi.
- Assist our partners in successfully deploying Wasabi into their customer environments.
- Explore the inner workings of the S3 protocol and how it communicates with Wasabi’s services.
- Engage with Wasabi sales and development engineers worldwide to enhance our service.
- Computer Science/Telecommunication Networks or Software Engineering background (this work will involve utilizing existing in-built tools and creating new tools/utilities that can talk to Wasabi Cloud).
- Desire to diagnose, research, reproduce, and report defects, working closely with R&D (this work will involve testing our storage service with third-party storage applications and working with our customers on their storage-related use cases).
- Support our partner engineering team by validation interop between Wasabi and hundreds of third-party software applications using APIs & SDKs.
- Familiarity with AWS S3/Cloud storage.
- Understanding of Linux and networking protocols such as HTTP, TCP/IP, DNS, TLS.
- Master's degree preferred.
Wasabi Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.