Senior Actuarial Associate
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco, Chicago, and New York City office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
We are seeking a creative, motivated, and innovative commercial P&C actuarial student or new ACAS to expand our insurance products and be part of our growing actuarial organization.
This role plays an integral part in shaping our insurance strategy. You will be responsible for delivering innovative actuarial solutions, pricing models and rate plans, competitor analysis, and data analytics, all to support our mission of crafting the best insurance for those building the future.
- Develop, refine, and evaluate the effectiveness of proprietary pricing models across commercial and professional lines
- Complete rate indication analyses and propose pricing changes to help the organization meet its profitability goals
- Incorporate actuarial and data science techniques and methodologies to tackle a wide array of compelling problems
- Assist the filing team in preparation of rate filings and responses to objections
- Effectively collaborate across all functions at Vouch including underwriting, claims, marketing, engineering, product development, sales, and success
- 3-6 years of P&C actuarial experience
- Progression towards Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society or new ACAS
- Strong understanding of pricing actuarial techniques
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high-impact work
- Moderate proficiency with data science tools such as SQL, Python, or R
- Highly proficient in Excel
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
- Reserving experience
- Experience with professional and management liability lines of business and/or ISO-based products
- Significant SQL experience
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $100,000 to $130,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks.
We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.