Business Development Representative, Horizon (San Francisco)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high-growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF, Chicago, and NYC office locations. While this role has hybrid-work flexibility, this team member will be based in either New York or San Francisco to attend in-person collaboration and client-facing events. Outside of special events, this role will work through our core collaboration hours (8:30 am - 2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
Vouch is expanding its outbound Business Development team to support the rapid growth of our Horizon business, insuring Series B+ startups. Companies like Jeeves, Middesk, and Unstoppable Domains trust Vouch as their insurer.
As a Business Development Representative, you are the face of Vouch for our prospects as the first personalized engagement that converts interested prospects into sales engagements. Our Business Development team reports to Sales – it’s the top of the funnel, the handoff from more generalized marketing to personalized direct engagement. We focus on the right prospects and quality engagement. Understanding prospects’ needs and communicating how we can address them with our products will be critical for your success. Expect to engage via email, social media, phone, and in-person events.
Horizon is organized by industry vertical with current focuses including AI, Consumer & Frontier, Enterprise SaaS, Fintech, and Web3. We are growing our Business Development team across all the verticals, and you will have an opportunity to align with the industry that interests you.
- Proactively engage Series B+ prospects based on ideal client profile fit and the likelihood of converting
- Partner with sales and field marketing to develop and execute pre-, during, and post-event strategy
- Represent Vouch at in-person events, including conferences and happy hours
- Design and execute strategic targeted engagement plans with sales and underwriting for the priority prospects
- Use Apollo, Harmonic, Pitchbook, and other tools to research prospects and understand their unique needs for insurance coverages
- Develop a deep understanding of trends, pain points, personas, and purchase decision drivers within an industry vertical
- Craft engaging and personalized communication that marries your understanding of the prospect with broader industry needs
- Facilitate a feedback loop into sales and marketing demand gen to refine the ideal client profile and intent signals
- 1+ years of experience as a B2B Sales or Business Development Representative
- Track record of meeting or outperforming monthly and quarterly targets
- Experience with cold outreach and in-person client-facing engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, dependable, positive, and action-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for Series B+ startups and high-growth environments
- Familiarity with Apollo, 6Sense, HubSpot, Harmonic, LinkedIn Sales Navigator Pitchbook, Salesforce, and/or similar tools
- A background in insurance or other regulated industries
- Former competitive athlete or other competitive, team-oriented pursuit
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $75,000 to $85,000 per year, including on-target variable pay. Variable pay is uncapped.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first, and building a diverse team is at the front of everything we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ranges of abilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.