Director - Health and Life Sciences (New York)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF and Chicago office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.) **While this role has remote work flexibility, we have a preference for this role to be based at the epicenter of the category: San Francisco, New York, or Boston.
As the Director of the Health and Life Sciences vertical, you will own the strategy and execution of how we build Vouch’s presence and book of business as a leader in the category. We’re looking for someone well-connected and well-versed within the Health and Life Sciences industry, including biotech, diagnostics & tools, medical devices, digital health, virtual care delivery, and AI, with the intellectual curiosity and passion to re-think how insurance is done in the category. You’ll be responsible for developing the scalable lead generation engine, generating new leads, and winning the best new clients. Hosting events, overseeing outbound engagement, and cultivating new ecosystem partnerships will be some of the effective strategies you may employ. Your success will not just be in developing the book of business, but in establishing Vouch’s presence as the insurance company of choice for Health and Life Sciences startups.
If you have an interest and experience selling into Life Sciences markets and are excited about partnering with innovative founders while building a vertical from the ground up, let's connect!
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, senior executives, and partners in your ecosystem so you can prospect and close new business
- Partner with our Marketing, Demand Generation, BDR, and Events team's capabilities and campaigns in partnership with our Marketing and Events teams
- Collaborate closely with internal partners across Sales, Underwriting, and Specialty Brokerage to craft unique solutions for each client
- Identify and engage partners - including VCs and service providers - to both build Vouch’s presence in the industry and find new ways to add value to our clients
- Collaborate with Product Innovation to drive to help develop new experiences and insurance products for the category
- Identify and analyze prospect and client exposures & match them to proprietary or specialty coverages
- Excited by quota carrying role where you will be in the driver’s seat of a high-priority industry vertical
- Excited by the challenge of solving complicated and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Existing relationships within Health and Life Sciences
- Deep domain expertise, including thoughtfulness about the risks inherent in building a Health and Life Sciences startup
- Experience in consultative sales to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GCs
- 8+ years of insurance, sales, business development, or similar experience related to the Health and Life Sciences category
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Bachelor's degree
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- Familiarity with Commercial Property & Casualty coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)