Director - Health and Life Sciences (Boston)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF and Chicago office locations. This role can be based anywhere in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.) **While this role has remote work flexibility, we have a preference for this role to be based at the epicenter of the category: San Francisco, New York, or Boston.
As an early member of our Health and Life Sciences team, you’ll be responsible for building Vouch’s presence and book of business as a leader in the category. We’re looking for someone well-connected and well-versed within the Health & Life Sciences industry, including biotech, diagnostics & tools, medical devices, digital health, virtual care delivery, and AI, with the intellectual curiosity and passion to re-think how insurance is done in the category. You’ll be responsible for generating new leads and winning over the best new clients while cultivating new ecosystem partners and establishing Vouch’s presence as a thought leader within the industry. Additionally, we have the exciting opportunity to consider candidates with various levels of experience within the HLS space. If you have an interest and experience selling into Life Sciences markets, and are excited about partnering with innovative founders while building a vertical from the ground up, then lets connect!
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, senior executives, and partners in your ecosystem so you can prospect and close new business
- Help lead the development of our Community and Demand Generation capabilities and campaigns in partnership with our Marketing and Events teams
- Collaborate closely with internal partners across Sales, Underwriting, and Specialty Brokerage to craft unique solutions for each client
- Educate our colleagues, partners, regulators, and clients as the Vouch domain expert on Health and Life Sciences insurance needs
- Drive feedback loops to our product teams and help develop new experiences and insurance products for the category
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Identify and analyze prospect and client exposures & match them to proprietary or specialty coverages
- Create presentations such as Renewal Strategies and Coverage Proposals
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Deep domain expertise and relationships within Health and Life Sciences
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GCs
- 8+ years of insurance, sales, business development, or similar experience related to the Health and Life Sciences category
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Bachelor's degree and graduate degree
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $120,000 to $300,000 total OTE per year. This band is inclusive of multiple levels and is a combination of base salary and on target variable pay. Our variables are distributed quarterly, uncapped, and have an opportunity for accelerators.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.