Vertical Lead - Consumer and Frontier (NY)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. This Vertical Lead must be based in San Francisco, New York, or Los Angeles, as they’ll be expected to attend local events 3-4x a month. Vouch’s core collaboration hours are 8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.
As an early member of our Consumer/Frontier team, you’ll be responsible for building Vouch’s presence and book of business as a leader in the category. We’re seeking someone well-connected and well-versed within the technology ecosystem, emphasizing Consumer and Frontier Technology. We’ve combined these verticals because they have similar risk profiles from an insurance perspective, but as anyone well-versed in these categories knows, there are many fascinating flavors of nuance within each. You will work with companies ranging from DTC brands and Commerce Enablement to digital media to the frontiers of Space, AR/VR, Drones, and AI. You’ll be responsible for generating new leads and winning over the best new clients while cultivating new ecosystem partners and establishing Vouch’s presence as a thought leader within the industry.
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, senior executives, and partners in your ecosystem so you can prospect and close new business
- Help lead the development of our Community and Demand Generation capabilities and campaigns in partnership with our Marketing and Events teams
- Run excellent Discovery conversations with the ability to identify prospect pains, needs, decision-makers, and their unique risks so your colleagues can craft the best insurance solutions
- Collaborate closely with internal partners across Sales, Underwriting, and Specialty Brokerage to craft unique solutions for each client
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills in closing new business
- Educate our colleagues, partners, regulators, and clients as the Vouch domain expert on Consumer and Frontier insurance needs
- Drive feedback loops to our product teams and help develop new experiences and insurance products for the category
- Create presentations for speaking opportunities, partnerships, and sales conversations
- 8+ years of insurance, sales, business development, or similar experience related to the Health and Life Sciences category
- Excited by the challenge of solving hard and ambiguous problems in complex situations
- Deep domain expertise and relationships within Consumer and Frontier
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GCs
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Bachelor's degree and graduate degree
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $155,000 to $300,000 total OTE per year, including on-target variable pay.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks. We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.