FP&A Sr. Manager
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF and Chicago. Preference is for this role to be located in San Francisco or Chicago, but consideration will be given to virtual candidates in the U.S. as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
As the FP&A Sr. Manager at Vouch, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build critical financial planning and reporting processes, controls, and tools that will allow us to scale into the future. You will partner directly with cross-functional members of the leadership team to drive financial and operational decision-making.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves a challenge; who can pick up unstructured tasks or projects and run with them to completion. Prior insurance or fintech experience is preferred but not required, someone with the drive to learn a new industry would be a great asset and contribute a unique perspective.
- Own and enhance Vouch’s 3-statement financial model, incorporating sensitivity analyses around internal and external factors to ensure plans support overall business objectives alongside efficient capital management
- Drive the long-range, annual, and quarterly cross-functional planning processes
- Build Board of Directors, Investor, and Fundraising materials
- Drive enhancements to and adoption of financial planning software
- Own and enhance the monthly management reporting framework to measure, monitor, and analyze financial results, including creating and enhancing relevant KPIs
- Recommend and implement process improvements that drive operating leverage across the company
- Partner with the leadership team to conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses to support critical initiatives
- Collaborate with the data analytics and engineering teams to ensure complete and accurate operational data collection and reporting that aligns to financial processes
- Current financial professional with 7+ years of experience in corporate financial planning & analysis, strategic finance, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- High integrity and collaborative working style
- Excellent financial modeling, Microsoft Excel, and data analytics skills
- Strong detail- and results-orientation
- Ability to work without direct supervision and efficiently manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to have:
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up or high-growth environment
- Experience with insurance or fintech business models
- Experience with SQL and data analytics/visualization tools
- Experience with implementing and operating financial planning software
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
The pay range for this role is: $155,000 to $170,000 per year.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry and are one part of our total compensation package that also includes benefits and other perks.
We also include stock options in all compensation packages and believe all Vouch employees should have the opportunity to become owners in the company.
Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skill set, location, and business need. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
Something looks off?