Senior Technical Recruiter - Contractor
Note: This is a project-based, contractor role. The contract will be slated for 6 months. If we determine necessity for a full time role, the individual selected for this contract position will be the first considered to fill the full time position.
As a Senior Technical Recruiting Contractor, you will be in charge of the sourcing & recruitment of senior-level Engineering talent for our Senior Software Engineer role. You’ll be joining a team dedicated to equitability, inclusivity, diversity, and innovative hiring practices.
In this role, you will source, interview and support candidates from diverse backgrounds throughout the interview process, coordinate interviews with the hiring team, curate an excellent candidate experience, and help us find and place Senior Software Engineers.
This job opportunity offers a hybrid work arrangement, and we are specifically seeking candidates who are comfortable with on-site attendance in our Bay Area office 2-3 times per week and are either currently residing in or near the Bay Area or willing to relocate for on-site work.
What you'll do at Volley
- Source & place diverse, high-quality technical talent
- Develop and maintain a robust talent network
- Curate an exceptional and seamless experience for candidates at each point of contact
Stuff you may have done before
- Successfully sourced and placed talent for senior-level technical roles
- Built a diverse pipeline of potential candidates across different functions & seniority levels
- Owned sourcing & interviewing metrics in-line with company hiring goals
- Collaborated with senior leadership on hiring best practices
- Sourced hard-to-find candidates for hard-to-fill roles!
- 6+ years of professional experience in Technical Recruiting
- Deep knowledge of industry best-practices, with an emphasis on DE&I
- Experience working with an ATS & related Recruiting tools
- Greenhouse ATS
- Linkedin Recruiting
- Various Talent Platforms (YC Work at a Startup, Elpha, Wellfound)
Your first 90 days
- Onboard with Recruiting team on hiring process & interviewing at Volley
- Connect with hiring managers for active technical requisitions
- Familiarize yourself with Volley’s stack & talent partners
- Source, interview and support Engineering candidates
The hiring process
- Stage 1 Preliminary with Sr. Recruiting Lead
- Stage 2 Hiring Manager Chat with Head of Recruiting
- Stage 3 Take-home assignment
- Stage 4 Cross-functional chat with Volley Executive Leader
- Stage 5 Offer
For Pay Transparency: The salary range that we expect to pay for this position is $66.06-$90.83 per hour. This is a portion of the pay band for the role and level we are seeking. The final offer amount will depend on experience, education and skills.
Volley, named one of Y Combinator's Top Companies, is the leading developer of voice AI games and entertainment apps for smart speaker platforms like Amazon Alexa, smartphones, and connected TVs. Our voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month.
We’ve created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Jeopardy - America’s most popular game show
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Bedtime Stories - a soothing, narrated skill to help you fall asleep
We believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars. Our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Volley believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
We’re a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. We love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and occasional karaoke sessions in our brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (we promise it is), get in touch!
Underrepresented candidates and candidates from nontraditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply!