Sr. Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 7, 2023
Veem is seeking a Sr Data Scientist to join our growing team to innovate the next generation of our global payments platform. As a Sr Data Scientist , the candidate will work in a fast paced environment with growing business needs, learning new skills, tools and technologies, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. The ideal candidate is data curious, detail oriented, great at communication, and loves solving problems.
- Have strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Define and develop the program and architecture for data collection, modeling, metrics creation, data validation and model training (supervised and unsupervised).
- Build models to project key business metrics (Traffic, Conversion, Engagement) and develop KPIs to drive optimization and improvement of product features and business strategies.
- Work closely with the Product and Risk Operations teams.
- Look for opportunities to automate insights through alerting and anomaly detection.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Make use of tools like looker/tableau for creating reporting and insights and present them to internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Self-starter who can understand the big picture, and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business’ and customer’s vision and requirements.
- Acting as the subject matter expert on data insights and modeling techniques as it relates to Veem.
- Data driven mindset with an advanced degree preferred in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or Mathematics.
- +5 years of relevant analytical work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations.
- Experience in A/B testing and experimentation that can showcase the impact and success KPIs.
- Understanding of data science concepts and experience with deploying or maintaining data science models e.g. fraud detection. (DataRobot knowledge would be a bonus)
- Ability to write complex, efficient and eloquent SQL queries to extract data for analysis and can use or a willingness to learn R/Python.
- Working knowledge of any OLTP and OLAP datastores (MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift, etc).
- Good to have experience with analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Segment, Salesforce or Hubspot, etc.
- Good to have some experience working in Looker or Tableau.
See more open positions at Veem
Something looks off?