Two is bringing the very best of B2C e-commerce to B2B. We’re passionate about building solutions that enable B2B Merchants to sell more, faster, and more efficiently. Growing 30% month-on-month, our goal is to become the world’s largest B2B payment solution by 2025. We’re backed by the very best VCs in the world — raised over €30m from Sequoia, Shine, Local Globe, Antler, Posten and influential angel investors in Fintech.
Two is built by a passionate and energetic team with second-time founders with successful exits. We are a small, but mighty team leading Two into new countries. We have a global mindset, but deeply understand local nuance. We are entrepreneurs at heart, problem-solving to launch new countries end to end. We are team players that execute diligently from ideation to reality. We believe in diversity in opinions and ideas and expect all employees to think like an owner.
We have recently announced our three-way partnership with Allianz and Santander to support large, multinational merchants across all of Europe and North America and offer instant net terms to their business customers through one API solution. Apart from that, we have just entered the Swedish market, as well as launched our Instalment product allowing buyers to pay us back in 3-12 monthly instalments.
And this is only the beginning - our next chapter is going to be an even more exciting one!
We are presently building our main talent hubs in Oslo, London, Glasgow and Stockholm with a plan to expand to key European locations over the next 12 months. If you aren't based in either of these cities but are keen to explore the role further, we'd love to hear from you — Two is a remote-friendly company, with a flexible working policy accommodating onsite and remote teams, with the expectation that travel to our hubs will be required when needed.
About the role
Product obsession sits at the heart of Two. We care a lot about solving the problems our customers face and solving them well. To do this we’re building a product team that combines rigour with strong customer empathy and great attention to UI/UX as well as a keen eye for technical and operational scalability, a team that will grow to be standard setters in B2B e-commerce payments products.
In this particular role, we are looking for a PM who is not afraid to solve complex challenges that typically have a strong technical / architectural aspect to them, and have wide ranging implications on our overall product offering. You will be a key player in ensuring that our fraud and credit risk engines drive the desired repayment rates while also maintaining a healthy conversion rate. You will also work closely with our developers on our financial ledger system, that is the backbone of our growth through managing all the funding complexities across our countries, payouts to our merchants, and reconciliation of all incoming payments from our buyers.
Your day-to-day will involve
- Working closely with our developers to scale our financial ledger system as well as our risk engine to support our explosive multi-country, multi-currency growth - including day-to-day management as well as estimations, refinements, and different levels of planning
- Liaising with our Operations and Customer service teams, to make sure you have a deep understanding of our core processes and that the customer experience and scalability remains at the heart of everything we create
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to understand how our devs can contribute the most to the success of our credit and fraud verification processes
- Lead the discovery of new feature ideas, by gathering context, as well as making trade-offs, alternatives, tech debt and risks explicit, and synthesise them into clear documents to drive organisational alignment and transparent decision making
- Evaluate and model trade-offs and provide insights for build vs buy, automate vs workaround type of decisions on a regular basis
- Work with our Data Engineering team to make sure all relevant aspects of your product can be monitored and the performance of newly rolled out products can be evaluated easily
- Ruthlessly prioritise upcoming roadmap items based on importance and effort
- Work closely with third-party providers to enhance our internal capabilities whenever needed
- Believing in our mission! You believe in what we’re trying to build at Two, have a look at Two.inc to find out more.
- Proven track record of solving complex problems that have driven real and measurable impact for your customers, all the way from discovery to post-launch follow-ups.
- Have built great products before: you have 2-5 years of product experience, ideally in a fast growing company leading cross functional teams and/or have worked in top tier consulting, fintech, or software development roles.
- Having direct experience in fraud and credit risk assessments, conversion funnels or financial ledger systems would be a huge plus.
- Customer centricity: you can empathise with customers and consider products and experiences from their perspective, you have experience talking to customers and understanding their needs and desired outcomes.
- Want to get things done: you’re willing to get your hands dirty and you like getting things done. You’re able to structure and organise projects, set targets and have a strong sense of ownership.
- Know how to use data: you’re data driven and know how to pull insights from data and use it to prioritise your work. You also know the limits of data and are capable of acknowledging and managing risks and assumptions.
- Understand how new technologies are created: you have empathy for the challenges engineers face when building products, and how to minimise these through clear communication and good planning.
- NOK 5000 annual allowance — to spend on anything that will contribute to your mental or physical health 🤸
- NOK 5000 support for a cell phone every 24 months (from your 6th month anniversary) 📱
- NOK 5000 annual allowance for learning and training 📚
- Equity – get options at Two as part of your offer, and have a real stake in the company’s success 📈
Something looks off?