Dispatcher - Atlanta
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who we are:
Thistle was founded in 2013 with a mission to make it easy to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. We deliver delicious, ready-to-eat plant-forward meals, snacks, and cold press juices to our customers’ doorsteps to empower our customers to improve personal and planetary health by eating more plants. To date we’ve delivered over 20 million nourishing meals to customers across the West and East Coast and we’re just getting started! The San Francisco Business Times named us one of the Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area in 2023, and Inc. awarded us Best in Business in 2022 among companies that “go above and beyond” in both food and sustainability sectors.
About the Role:
The Dispatcher is an integral part of our Fulfillment team and will assist in delivering meals. In addition to core functions(driver scheduling, delivery routing, and real-time dispatch), this position will help acquire, onboard, and train new drivers.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Thistle’s brand new East Coast team, responsible for launching and growing Thistle East operations to bring delicious, plant-forward, and planet-friendly meals to customers on the East Coast.
This full-time, hourly position earns a starting wage of $23/hour; the hours will vary. The position is a hybrid role, with four days per week onsite in our new Atlanta location of Tucker, GA.
What you'll do:
- Be in charge on-site and available to resolve conflicts/issues as they arise.
- Own the day-to-day delivery fulfillment for the specified region. This includes real-time dispatching of our drivers to ensure the quality of delivery
- Keep the driver roster up to date and organized
- Implement structure and establish daily SOPs and key metrics to evaluate top performers
- Serve as a supervisor and point of contact for our drivers
- Own delivery routing, recruiting, training, timecard approvals, and management of our drivers
- Keep the team updated with new policy and SOP updates
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years experience dispatching experience, last-mile experience preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Valid Food Handler certification (must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Proficient with Microsoft Office(Word, Excel) and Google Docs & Sheets
- Ability to prioritize against tight timelines, comfortable performing under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be a team player
- Bonus: You know the geography of the region like the back of your hand
We are mission-driven and share a growth mindset. We let our values guide the way we approach crafting our healthy products, solving problems, and working collaboratively together. As a Thistler, you'll help transform the health of people and the planet by living our core values every day.
Be Human: We’re always willing to learn and aim to empower the people around us.
Think Bigger: We’re here to do more today than we did yesterday, and we figure it out together.
Build the Future: We tackle every day with the positive attitude of someone who can see the future and knows how bright it is.
Make a Lot with a Little: We get creative and look for ways our resources can take us as far as possible.
Lead with Purpose: We use our mission to guide our decisions and give our work meaning.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.