Warehouse - Inventory Supervisor
People & HR, Operations
Vacaville, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor supervises and coordinates all inventory, shipping, receiving, and pre-batching functions in their designated facility. The person in this position ensures that all inventory is adequately tracked, identified, and accessible to produce Thistle meals. This position will directly contribute to defining and executing our path forward and future success as an organization. The ideal candidate has a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, has a positive attitude, is a hands-on leader, works to empower and motivate their team, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, evolving environment.
This position is 100% onsite in our Vacaville, CA facility.
What You'll Do:
- Perform planned and unplanned cycle counts and location audits in the freezers, cold rooms, and raw materials warehouse areas
- Update the Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) or other cycle counting and inventory management metrics.
- Manage inventory levels to ensure adequate reporting from storage to point of use
- Responsible for preparing month-end accruals for inventory and non-inventory items and accurately recording journal entries through Google Sheets or other designated programs/systems
- Coordinate and supervise all warehousing functions, including staging, shipping, and materials management
- Keep up to date and maintain a working knowledge of current SOPs and processes
- Implement and champion new and existing initiatives across warehouse teams
- Coordinate and track the storage and timely delivery of perishable goods and materials
- Collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to develop strategic plans and procedures to increase the efficiency of warehouse practices
- Ensure inbound and outbound trucks are unloaded and loaded; ensure accurate manifests and documentation logs
- Ensure that materials are pulled and delivered on time to kitchen and production
- Supervise warehouse associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipment
- Ensure compliance with GMP, food safety, and safety/OSHA regulations
- Identify training needs and areas for employee development and professional growth
- Work to troubleshoot and resolve any challenges in real-time effectively and efficiently
What You'll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; degree in business, management, logistics, or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in supervising employees in a warehouse environment required; food manufacturing environment preferred
- Working knowledge of California wage & time law
- Forklift certification and experience preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop, coach, and empower employees to excel in task execution, collaboration, thinking outside the box, and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to pivot quickly and make adjustments to workloads to help ensure kitchen and production requirements and goals are met
- State-designated Food Handler Certification (must be obtained within first 30 days of employment)
- Strong familiarity, usage, basic maintenance knowledge, and safe operation of warehouse equipment
- Tech-savvy approach with everyday tasks and communication; comfortable with G-Suite(specifically Google Sheets) and Slack, a big plus!
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.