Delivery Driver - King of Prussia, Up to $29/hr, Including Base Pay & Reimbursements!
People & HR
King of Prussia, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the role:
Thistle Delivery Drivers are the last point of contact in our plant-forward meals’ production cycle, delivering our healthy and delicious food right into our customer’s hands. We provide a safe, inclusive, supportive work environment helping to build long-term, meaningful careers.
Our drivers are part-time (4-10 hours/week).
The starting hourly pay for this position is $20.00. We offer mileage and cell phone reimbursements (which average at an additional $9/hour), holiday pay premium, plus a 40% employee subscription discount for home delivery of Thistle meals!
What You'll Do:
- Arrive at the designated Thistle facility or rolling truck hub at the scheduled shift time; ensure that your smartphone is fully charged and you have a full tank of gas
- Ensure that all items are accounted for before delivery departure
- Use the delivery app to start and complete all assigned delivery tasks and follow customer instructions
- Collect return bags and ice packs from Thistle customers when dropping off their deliveries; return separated ice packs and bags to your pickup location
- Ensure high-level and consistent communication with the dispatch team, who are here to help ensure you get your deliveries done
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Delivery experience utilizing app-based software is a plus but not required
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Proof of insurance that includes liability and bodily injury
- A reliable, clean, well-maintained vehicle with the capacity to carry many medium-sized bags containing meals, snacks, and beverages
- A reliable smartphone and comfortability with using mobile technology for routing and instructions
- Commitment to getting the job done as our customers count on our Delivery Drivers
- Familiarity with the assigned geographical area
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be a team player
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.