Material Handler I (Burlington)
Burlington, NJ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role: Material Handlers are responsible for warehouse inventory, shipping and receiving functions, and documenting product orders.
This position is full-time and 100% on-site in Burlington, NJ.
What you'll do
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches company purchase orders
- Store materials in assigned locations
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory
- Operate various machinery, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and scissors lift, to handle materials and inventory; transport supplies to production and culinary teams
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns
- Comply with and adhere to all facility sanitation and safety regulations in food acceptance, storage, and distribution
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 2+ years warehouse receiving experience or experience working in a similar role required; warehouse-receiving experience in a high-volume food production facility highly preferred
- Ability to work in a cold environment for long periods of time, which may also include working in a freezer environment
- Ability to stand and bend for extended periods throughout the assigned shift while lifting up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to effectively use equipment, including, but not limited to, hand tools, scales, and box-cutters
- Self-motivated, able to work within tight deadlines
- Able to solve basic problems (converting batch requirements)
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of food product materials preferred
- Working knowledge of GMP manufacturing practices
- Attention to detail is a must
- State-designated food handlers certification required (must obtain within 30 days of hire)
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.