Vacaville, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Facilities & Maintenance Manager, Custodians are responsible for keeping all areas of our facility, indoors and out, clean and presentable at all times, providing our staff with a safe, comfortable, clean, and efficient workplace.
This position is 100% onsite in Vacaville, CA, and the shift is Tuesday through Saturday, 5:00 am to 1:30 pm.
What you'll do
- Maintain all PPE and cleaning protocols, including restocking hairnets, beard nets, masks, disposable gloves, lab coats, etc.
- Clean linoleum, tile, and other floors
- Empty trash and recycling cans
- Clean and disinfect restrooms and lunchrooms
- Dust and disinfect all surfaces, doorknobs, and commonly used areas
- Clean windows
- Ensure that all paper dispensers, soap dispensers, and sanitizer dispensers are working, and refill as needed
- Work with the Inventory Specialist to provide consistent inventory count for janitorial-related equipment and chemical; restock inventory as needed
- Use commercial equipment, including vacuums, floor buffers, and carpet cleaners
- Clean and disinfect all office and lobby areas
What you'll bring
- 1+ years of custodial or janitorial experience required; janitorial experience in a warehouse setting highly preferred
- A positive attitude that contributes to a collaborative, safe, and comfortable workplace
- The ability to follow instructions and processes
- The ability to stand and walk for long periods
- The ability to lift and move over 50 pounds
- Working knowledge of different cleaning products and equipment
- Solid time-management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Solid organizational skills
- The ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects up to 50 pounds
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?