Dispatcher (Burlington, Part-time)
Burlington, NJ, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
The Dispatcher is an integral part of our Fulfillment team and will assist in the day-to-day execution of delivering meals. In addition to core functions(driver scheduling, delivery routing, and real-time dispatch), this position will help acquire, onboard, and train new drivers.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team at Thistle’s brand new East Coast team, responsible for launching and growing Thistle East operations to bring delicious, plant-forward, and planet-friendly meals to customers on the East Coast.
This is a part-time, hourly position (16-20 hours/week) with the potential for more shifts, earning a starting wage of $23/hour. The position is onsite at our Burlington, NJ facility.
What you'll do:
- Be the person in charge on-site, and available to resolve conflicts/issues as they arise.
- Own the day-to-day delivery fulfillment for a specific shift and/or region of our Bay Area team. This includes real-time dispatching of our drivers to ensure the quality of delivery
- Keep the driver roster up to date and organized
- Implement structure and establish daily SOP’s and key metrics to evaluate top performers
- Serve as a supervisor and point of contact for our drivers
- Own delivery routing, recruiting, training, timecard approvals, and management of our drivers
- Must be willing to embrace change and provide insight regarding new processes. You will be empowered to bring new innovative concepts to life on an ongoing basis!
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years experience dispatching experience, last-mile experience preferred
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance
- Valid NJ Food Handlers certification (must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Proficient with Microsoft Office(Word, Excel) and Google Docs & Sheets
- Ability to prioritize against tight timelines, comfortable performing under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be a team player
- Bonus: You know the geography of the region like the back of your hand
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?