Delivery Driver - Jersey Shore
Burlington, NJ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Thistle Delivery Drivers are the last point of contact in our plant-forward meals’ production cycle, delivering our healthy and delicious food right into our customer’s hands.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early team for Thistle’s new East Coast operations, located in Burlington, NJ.
Our drivers are part-time (4-10 hours/week). This position will pick up at our Burlington, New Jersey facility and deliver meals to the surrounding Jersey Shore areas.
The schedule for this position will be: Sundays and Wednesdays, 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
What you'll do:
- Arrive at the designated Thistle facility or rolling truck hub at scheduled shift time; ensure that smartphone is fully charged and have a full tank of gas
- Ensure that all items are accounted for before delivery departure
- Use the delivery app to start and complete all assigned delivery tasks while following customer instructions
- Collect return bags and ice packs from Thistle customers when dropping off their deliveries, separate bags from ice packs, and return them to your pickup location
- Ensure high-level and consistent communication with the dispatch team
What You'll Bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Delivery experience utilizing app-based software a plus, but not required
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Proof of insurance that includes liability and bodily injury
- Has a reliable, clean, well-maintained vehicle with the capacity to carry many medium-sized bags containing meals, snacks, and beverages
- A reliable smartphone and comfortability with using mobile technology for routing and instructions
- Commitment to getting the job done as our customers count on our Delivery Drivers
- Familiarity with the geographical area that is assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills must be a team player
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?