Lead Driver - East Bay
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
About the Role:
Lead Drivers live Thistle’s values to the fullest. They are an excellent representative of Thistle and can be someone for our Delivery Drivers to lean on when a logistics member is not available. They think outside the box, can identify problem areas, and in turn, will work with the team and logistics managers to correct issues or help implement new SOPs.
What you'll do
- Assist Logistics Team with preparations prior to the delivery window start time
- Check-in and greet drivers upon their arrival on-site; assist with any questions that drivers may have
- Assist with training new drivers and 3rd party temp workers on Thistle driving protocols, wellness procedures, bag pick-up and return procedures, etc.
- Act as a resource for drivers with questions regarding Thistle driving applications and software platforms
- Assist team members with route distribution including, but not limited to ensuring that all drivers have their assigned delivery bags
- Act as rescue driver for routes as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 6 months experience as a Thistle Delivery Driver
- Valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Proof of valid insurance that includes liability and bodily injury coverage
- Ability to learn, adhere to, and enforce all applicable safety and/or OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player approach to your work
- Ability to adhere to the physical requirements of the position, including but not limited to standing, bending, and walking for extended periods of time, consistently lifting up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?