Material Handler II
Vacaville, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, Material Handlers are responsible for warehouse inventory, shipping/receiving activities, and documenting product orders. The ideal candidate possesses in-depth warehouse software, machinery, and equipment knowledge. The ideal candidate has a roll-up-your-sleeves approach and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, evolving environment.
This role is for the PM shift and is 100% onsite at our Vacaville production facility.
What you'll do:
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory
- Operate various machinery, including forklifts, pallet jacks, and scissors lift, to handle materials and inventory; transport supplies to production and culinary teams
- Analyze pick sheets based on client orders and pull appropriate products for each order
- Track supply levels and regularly submit purchasing recommendations to management
- Contact vendors for pick-ups or returns
- Comply with and adhere to all facility sanitation and safety regulations in food acceptance, storage, and distribution
- Track ingredient use and pre-batch ingredients ahead of culinary production; track and catalog food waste
- Check quality of product before signing off on any documentation
- Own the tracking of order shorts in collaboration with leadership and the Procurement department
- Consistently communicate with all relevant departments and teammates regarding shortage or inventory concerns; assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 2+ years warehouse receiving experience or experience working in a similar role required; warehouse-receiving experience in a high-volume food production facility highly preferred
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration(OSHA) forklift certification
- State-designated food handlers certification required (must obtain within 30 days of hire
- Working knowledge of GMP manufacturing practices
- Ability to work in a cold environment for long periods of time, which may also include working in a freezer environment
- Ability to stand and bend for extended periods throughout the assigned shift while lifting up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to effectively use equipment, including, but not limited to, hand tools, scales, and box-cutters
- Self-motivated, able to work within tight deadlines
- Able to solve basic problems (converting batch requirements)
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
- Attention to detail is a must
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?