Quality Assurance Technician
Vacaville, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
This role will report to the Quality Assurance Manager. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic, hardworking team member with a good eye for detail. The Quality Assurance Technician will perform standardized quality control checks to ensure they meet the required legal and company standards for safety and quality. This role requires maintaining calibrations, monitoring equipment, checking product integrity, and identifying areas for quality control improvement.
To ensure success, the ideal candidate should have a strong working knowledge of analytical concepts, excellent visual awareness, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate has a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, has a positive attitude, is a hands-on leader, works to empower and motivate their team, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, evolving environment.
This role is 100% onsite at our Vacaville, CA, facility.
What you'll do:
- Follow and implement Good Manufacturing Practices
- Work closely with production line QCs to ensure complete and accurate record keeping
- Support production QCs in day-to-day quality checks and adherence to preventive controls
- Train production teams on food safety and quality control procedures
- Conduct pre-operational line inspections and residual swabs
- Conduct in-house testing- pH, weight checks, temperature checks, label verifications, microbial testing, ATP, allergen testing, and organoleptic evaluations
- Calibrate critical equipment- thermometers, pH meters, scales, etc.
- Monitor sanitation chemical concentration
- Evaluate line samples at pre-determined intervals and/or random line checks
- Monitor environmental testing program
- Ensure employee practices, goods, and products comply with company standards as well as Federal and State law
- Check that the assembly and production lines adhere to standards and procedures and comply with legal requirements
- Identify possible areas for improvement in quality control processes
What you'll bring:
- AA degree(Bachelor's preferred) in quality management or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience as an Inspector or Quality Technician in a manufacturing environment required; experience in the food industry highly preferred
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Solid understanding of HACCP requirements and food safety standards
- Experience with writing and enforcing standard operating procedures(SOPs)
- Advanced organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Experience drafting reports, collating data, and documentation
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Good communication skills; ability to convey clear and concise instructions to a variety of business stakeholders
- Ability to work cross-functionally with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in noisy and/or cold environments
- Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
- Up-to-date knowledge of federal and industry standards and best practices
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?