Human Resources Business Partner
People & HR, Sales & Business Development
Burlington, NJ, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, People Operations/HR, the Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is the first point of contact for our East Coast Operations departments consisting of Production, Culinary, Warehouse, and Quality Assurance teams. The person in this role is responsible for executing all aspects of the human resources function and effectively owning the end-to-end employee lifecycle for our onsite and remote employees.
The ideal candidate has a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, has a positive attitude, is a hands-on leader, works to empower, coach, and motivate their business partners, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume, evolving environment.
This position is 100% onsite in our Burlington, New Jersey, production facility.
What you'll do:
- Act as the primary point of contact for employee questions related to company policies, state employment & labor laws, and time tracking, ensuring prompt and thoughtful responses are provided
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of employment and labor laws
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws, including, but not limited to, ensuring completion of manager/employee harassment training and workplace postings for labor and wage laws
- Partner with appropriate managers to ensure the timely processing of workers’ compensation claims, including evaluating accident reports, conducting adequate investigations, reviewing medical information, and maintaining all documentation; provide training and guidance for people managers, supervisors, and employees on proper procedures, documentation, and systems utilized in workers’ compensation matters per local laws and regulations
- Participate in and be a prominent member of the safety team at our facilities, ensuring all OSHA logs are maintained, any policies and procedures related to safety at the facility are updated, and effectively communicate changes to employees accordingly
- Partner with the Director, People Operations to ensure all performance and employee relations concerns are handled in a timely and discreet manner and escalated as necessary
- Ensure all personnel actions are captured and appropriately documented in our company HRIS (Paycom), including, but not limited to, terminations, promotions, pay changes, and referral bonuses
- Manage and maintain records and documentation regarding Leaves of Absence
- Develop, update, and maintain SOPs and policies
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers on all aspects of hiring to ensure that Thistle facilities, offices, and rolling hubs are fully staffed, including, but not limited to, participating in interviews and hiring events, and ensuring that onboarding paperwork is completed while providing a best in class candidate and new hire experience
- Collaborate with People Operations and people leaders with the development of organizational-wide tools and platforms to continuously innovate on ways to improve the employee experience, including, but not limited to, new hire orientation, employee recognition efforts, wellness activities, learning & development initiatives, and team building events
- Partner with People Operations in planning and executing wellness and team-building events
What you'll bring:
- 4+ years of experience in human resources as an HRBP, Sr. HR Generalist or equivalent, preferably working with a non-exempt, time-tracking population; Experience in a production or manufacturing environment a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- Maintain and adhere to COVID-19 Policy compliance
- Maintain and adhere to OSHA and Food Safety compliance in our facilities and rolling hubs
- Comfortable handling complex employee relations matters in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols
- Proficient working knowledge of HRIS documentation and maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely explain information to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to successfully and consistently meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and adhering to Thistle company mission and values
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking strongly preferred
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?