Regional Manager, Inventory & Change Management
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 3, 2023
Who we are:
Founded in 2013, Thistle is a leading tech-enabled food and nutrition company that delivers ready-to-eat meals right to your doorstep. We empower our customers to get and stay healthy while improving the sustainability of our food system. Thistle began as a single pop-up location in San Francisco, going from selling cold-pressed juices to delivering nearly 15 million delicious, healthy, plant-forward meals, organic cold-pressed juices, and snacks.
About the Role:
Reporting to the SVP, Manufacturing, and Logistics, the Regional Manager, Inventory Management & Continuous Improvement is responsible for owning the inventory management processes across the Thistle network and deploying world-class manufacturing and continuous improvement practices and initiatives across the network.
This is a hybrid role, with the ideal candidate located near our West Coast (Vacaville, CA) manufacturing facility. This role has expected travel up to 20% of the time to Thistle facilities across the US.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement a Warehouse Management System (WMS) that replaces an internally built system to procure, receive, put away, pick, and count inventory across Thistle facilities. This includes partnering with multiple organizational stakeholders to ensure the system matches our virtual and physical requirements and reporting requirements for inventory accuracy, waste, and ingredient spend
- Lead the planning, budgeting, and implementation of multiple automation and digitization initiatives across Thistle’s supply chain by working closely with different teams to ensure their success
- Develop, enhance, and build mechanisms to enforce mechanisms for tracking and compliance of SOPs across the manufacturing, fulfillment, and delivery operation
- Build a culture of best-in-class manufacturing processes by creating visual and 5S standards in partnership with the broader operations team
- Monitor and control inventory levels and purchasing patterns by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data storage systems
- Design, plan, and implement new warehouse layouts for efficient space utilization accounting for current and future storage and equipment
- Develop and execute continuous improvement strategies that involve cross-functional stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Product, People Operations, Procurement, and Operations teams
- Expertly perform process and value stream mapping, trains staff, and conducts process analysis and trending using continuous improvement tools and techniques. Provides mechanisms to capture baseline data before and after improvements are made
- Collaborate with management and Finance to prepare annual budgets to achieve financial objectives
- Manage, coach, and train employees around correct processes and performance standards to ensure successful operations
- Coordinate and schedule teams are staffed appropriately, accounting for attendance and attrition risk accordingly
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and People Operations to recruit and train new employees across the organization
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; degree in business, management, operations, logistics, or related field preferred
- 7+ years warehouse management experience
- Working knowledge of wage and time law
- Outstanding leadership, coaching, and training skills focused on a people-oriented approach
- Working knowledge of inventory management and security safeguard protocols
- Solid understanding of OSHA, warehouse, and organizational compliance standards
- Experience and exposure to regulatory inspections (AIB, OSHA, MILITARY, Health Dept., EPA, City & County Inspectors)
- Successful record of building, improving, and running business processes globally.
- Working knowledge in planning a departmental budget accounting for expenditures and changes
- Hands-on experience with developing and managing facilities maintenance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; must be a team player with interest in continuously learning leadership development skills
- A dynamic personality with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude, maintaining grace under pressure
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail successfully, product quality, and our company mission and values
- Tech-savvy approach with everyday tasks and communication; comfortable with G-Suite (specifically Google Sheets) and Slack, a big plus!
- You have a CA, NJ, or equivalent Food Handlers Certification (must obtain within first 30 days of employment
- Strong familiarity with warehouse equipment, usage, maintenance (basic), and safe operation
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) is a plus
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles, including 5-S, Root Cause Analysis, and 5 Whys, is a plus
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential values at Thistle. We know we do our best and most impactful work when we feel we are represented and belong. We're proud to actively recruit and hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Thistle
Something looks off?