Sr. Manager, Product Design
Senior Manager, Product Design
We are seeking a data-driven, user-focused, endlessly curious Senior Design Manager excited about identifying patient challenges and devising solutions for web and mobile experiences at Thirty Madison. In this role, you will lead the design process to create experiences that provide our patients with a simple and accessible way to manage their care. Responsibilities include directly managing product designers, supporting the product roadmap with product partners, collaborating with stakeholders from product, engineering, and business teams, and ensuring the representation of patients in your team’s design process. The ideal candidate is energetic, data-driven, strategic, detail-oriented, and committed to raising the bar. We value teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive, challenging us at every turn by asking tough questions and ensuring that the quality and personalization of our product is never sacrificed. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all individuals coping with chronic conditions!
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $137,600-$189,200per year.**
- Competitive Salary + Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
- Career growth opportunities
** Within the range, individual compensation will be determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, and skills. Please note that the compensation range listed reflects the base salary only, and does not include incentive target, equity, or benefits.”
What you get to do every day
- Guide your team in addressing patient challenges, overseeing the entire process from concept to visual design, and supporting implementation across web and mobile platforms
- Promote the overall product strategy, drive the product design process, and ensure the successful and timely delivery of designs from both you and your team
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional business teams (product, engineering, marketing, clinical, data, strategy) to develop innovative and practical solutions to business challenges through design
- Lead the discovery process to ensure that problem statements and hypotheses are rooted in end-user and customer insights; continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions
- Manage a team of product designers, consistently elevating design quality through feedback, support, and mentorship to ensure their success
- Ensure you and your team have the necessary tools and support to deliver high-quality design work that addresses patient needs and aligns with business goals
- Balance team resourcing to meet current business needs and contribute to resource planning for future requirements
- Collaborate with the product team to monitor key product metrics, evaluating the performance of your team’s work and making data-driven decisions for iteration and improvement
- Promote a strong culture of experimentation in collaboration with engineering, data, and product teams, ensuring that your team’s designs are informed by data
- Collect, synthesize, and prioritize user and business needs, translating them into designs that effectively solve real problems for our patients
- Foster and uphold a robust product design process, including high-level roadmap support for sprint planning, discovery, user research, design review processes, and sharing results with cross-functional teammates
- Act as a product design leader within Thirty Madison
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of experience in product design, with a proven track record of launching and managing successful products
- Experience directly managing and/or mentoring at least one product designer
- Extensive experience developing web-based products as a product designer
- An ability to autonomously manage your (and your team’s) bandwidth and timelines to complete projects successfully and on time
- Proven ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your design decisions, and a track record of building a data-driven culture in your team
- Some experience / exposure to mobile app design
- Experience designing user experiences that effectively acquire and retain customers in the direct-to-consumer space (ideally with a subscription component)
- Strong foundational UX and UI design skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and management skills
- Attention to detail that shines through in your work
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive experience designing in Figma
- A portfolio that showcases your thinking, skills, and craft for design
- Experience in health & wellness and/or e-commerce (subscription preferred)
- Experience on projects that directly impact conversion and/or retention
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.