We are seeking a hardworking, organized, and pragmatic attorney who is excited to serve as Thirty Madison’s Senior Counsel, Commercial Contracting. The Senior Counsel is a key member of the Legal team, overseeing the commercial contracting and legal operations functions of the Company, to promote growth, innovation, operational efficiencies and identify and appropriately escalate areas of risk. As Senior Counsel, you will also assist with certain enterprise transactions and negotiations impacting Thirty Madison’s business. Above all, you embody the Thirty Madison mission of providing access to healthcare for all who suffer from chronic conditions.
Comp | Perks | Benefits
- The base pay range for this position is $154,400 - $215,000 per year.**
- Annual Incentive Plan + Stock Option Package
- Robust and affordable Health, Dental, and Vision plan options
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $500 happiness stipend
- Flexible time off policy
**Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. An annual incentive plan and stock options may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
What you get to do every day
- You will be responsible for overseeing all commercial contracting and legal operations matters of Thirty Madison, including drafting and negotiating a wide variety of third party commercial contracts to support enterprise and other business teams.
- You will advise on the various legal risks, business strategies, and other issues related to commercial contracts, with a special focus on healthcare, privacy, and regulatory issues to ensure that all commercial agreements adequately protect the Company’s interests.
- You will drive business impact by innovating processes, templates, and standardized methods to streamline the contracts process, negotiations, document management, and legal operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension between business teams and Legal.
- You will partner with Compliance on requirements, audits, and regulatory matters, including enforcement of Company policies.
- You will provide practical legal and strategic business advice to cross functional teams to ensure that we are able to comply with the contractual demands of our enterprise partner and other third parties.
- You will develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to commercial contracting and legal operations at Thirty Madison.
What you bring to the role
- You're a seasoned attorney with a JD, admission to a state bar, and 5+ years of relevant in-house or top-tier law firm experience, with a background and interest in commercial contracting and legal operations (startup, health care regulatory and compliance, digital health / health tech, HIPAA experience is a plus)
- Excellent multitasking and prioritization skills with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- Strong negotiation skills and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and senior executives to impact decision-making
- Highly independent with an ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Skillful issue-spotter, able to assess and balance both legal and business risks in the highly regulated healthcare industry
- Excellent communication skills, especially to communicate legal issues and risks to non-legal audiences
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry trends, laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound legal advice
- You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful issues collaboratively with your colleagues
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Thirty Madison we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is a family of specialized healthcare brands devoted to creating exceptional outcomes for all. Each of its specialized brands is focused on a specific ongoing condition, and thoughtfully designed to support the unique needs of its community with personalized treatments and care; with Keeps for men's hair loss, Cove for migraine, Facet for skin conditions, and NURX for sexual health. With empathy at the heart of its innovation, its proprietary care model empowers hundreds of thousands of people with ongoing conditions with the accessible, effective treatments across a lifetime of care. In just four years, we’ve built a number of brands and are continuing to grow rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day. Learn more at ThirtyMadison.com.
*This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your I-9 Form information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.*
Thirty Madison and COVID-19 Management
Our primary goal since the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. Thirty Madison has and will continue to examine and institute solutions according to the CDC’s recommendations and mandates. We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19, including work-from-home office stipends, medical reimbursements, company-wide Refresh days off, and other resources to support a hybrid work environment. Please reach out to your recruiter for additional questions regarding COVID and our workplace policies.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are falsely claiming to be or represent Thirty Madison in order to solicit sensitive personal information or payment. Thirty Madison is not in any way associated with these entities or practices. The safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us is of the utmost importance and we actively work with our legal and security teams to prevent future incidents.
Thirty Madison will never ask for sensitive information or payment when engaging with job seekers. The entities use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including but not limited to: participating in a text-only interview, using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence, or providing you with a seemingly legitimate offer letter. If you suspect you are a victim of this scamming, we encourage you to cease further contact and report the crime to The Federal Trade Commission.