Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager for autonomous forklifts and robots.
Teraki is a tech-driven, software company enabling automation of vehicles.
We stand for innovation in the rapid developing ADAS and AD technologies. We are passionate about improving L2, L3 and L4 applications and bridge the chasm from R&D to production. We work on embedded software that enables safe, applications for (semi)autonomous vehicles.
Efficiently getting more and better data out of the embedded environments of cars, forklift, robots and other moving vehicles is our business. First delivery robots and forklifts are already in operational use with customers. Our embedded software has been validated by customers and first products will be in automotive series productions (SoP).
The basis for this the expertise to highly efficiently and accurately process sensor data in the vehicle. Teraki provides solutions for use cases in cars, forklifts, robots and trains. Teraki's AI embedded software reduces more raw data; it does that quicker; it does this on lightweight footprint with low available CPU (processing) and RAM (storage); and it delivers more robust and higher accuracy rates for detecting and classifying relevant events or objects at 20%+ more accuracy. By this the challenges of the ever-increasing amounts of data coming from cameras, radars and lidars are overcome. This results in significant reduced cost of sensor- and compute-hardware in the vehicle.
Commercially, we focus on the Automotive, Forklift and Delivery Robots (B2B) markets. We are looking for a Business Development position to predominantly address the market of (semi)automated forklifts as this is a high growth segment. Potential customers are large logistic and warehousing companies that operate a high number of forklifts and struggle with finding sufficient forklift drivers as well as need to lower work-related, human injuries. An illustration: https://vimeo.com/763815040/80b417ede0
Your role and responsibilities
- Main objective: Close customer contracts for PoC’s and Volume Contracts.
- Funnel management. Understand and operate an efficient way of acquiring high quality leads and converting them
- Customer intimacy. Understand the customers’ needs; priorities; decision makers; decision making process and larger environment.
- Skills. Pitching products and/or services face-to-face, via email or phone to establish rapport and set-up meetings.
- Commercial. Develop and negotiate quotes and proposals. Closing focus. Strong focus to closure contracts. A strong drive to get customer’s signature.
- Lead generation. Attend conferences, meetings and industry events in order to gather new leads. Be a professional and convincing ambassador of the company.
- Ambassador. Officially present the company and its products at such conferences, trade shows, seminars.
- Self-management. Planning and reporting on progress, timelines, key-deliverables. Advising management on account strategy and priorities. Updating CRM.
- Shown track record of business development in selling new concepts or products corporate companies in logistics, warehousing, last mile delivery.
- Demonstrating to ‘own’ the entire sales cycle of selling innovative products into existing, non-automated environments.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in sales or business development in warehouse / logistic / forklift industry with a focus on warehouse automation.
- A relevant network in Europe with the above players is desired.
- Be able to independently find, develop and close new opportunities within organisations in the target segment.
- Strong affinity with technology and understanding of automation business cases. Knowledge of autonomous vehicles; moving robotics; or vehicle automation are a bonus.
- Autonomous – self propelling – self-motivated – self driven. A high degree of own initiative, action-orientation and being self-propelling are ‘must-haves’.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Based in north-western Europe; with a slight preference for Germany. Willingness and ability to travel.
Your Skills and Traits
- Strong commercial awareness. Autonomous “evangelist”.
- Headquarters are in Berlin, you will be working closely with customers and prospects. We expect a high level of self-propelling and motivation. Ability to work semi-independently – yet very connected with colleagues in product.
- Skills and attitude to work in start-up environment: i.e. not all things are arranged for. Comfortable with lesser known brand name.
- DIY and be creative and solution oriented. Creative and the ability to find alternative solutions when encountering problems or objections. Pro-active, independent work approach.
- Curious. Aware of market trends and developments. Eager to learn.
- Outgoing, energetic, positive with a ‘hands-on’ and ‘don’t give up’ mentality. External focus. Strong communication skills.
- Good in structuring and administrating work. Disciplined with CRM.
- Be part of a high growth start-up set for global expansion.
- Work in the an exciting area of innovation and new business.
- Team of world leading experts in their fields.
- Steep learning curve in your role and in the company.
- High level of autonomy.
- Start: As soon as possible.