C++ Software Engineer - Video & Data Processing
Teraki is a Berlin based tech driven company enabling true mobility. We stand for innovation in the rapidly growing autonomy space. We help our customers on the challenges that are posed by the exploding amounts of data in connected vehicles for all sensor, video and 3D mapping data. Teraki provides data processing solutions for IoT and Automotive applications requiring lower hardware footprint, latency, and costs.
In this role, you will be developing highly performant and reliable code for our video solutions. On this effort you will work closely together with our Research Scientists and Software Engineers.
- Design and develop highly performant computer vision and video processing software for hardware constrained embedded devices but also GPU based systems.
- Port, implement and optimize video processing and machine learning algorithms developed by our Research Scientists and Codec Developers.
- Write high quality, well tested and documented code, ready to run on special purpose computing architectures used in connected car applications.
- Propose and develop creative and efficient solutions to challenges in video streaming applications and contribute to expanding our intellectual property portfolio.
- Carry out performance benchmarking and analysis to support engineering decisions.
- Provide engineering support to research efforts, working closely with Research Scientists (developing novel algorithms) and backend developers.
Who we are looking for
- You have a Computer Science, Mathematics, or Software Engineering background and at least 4 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- You have strong programming skills in C++ and good working knowledge in Python.
- Strong plus previous hands-on (Nvidia) GPU experience in CUDA/OpenCL.
- You have a passion for and a strong experience in low level programming. So, you are proficient for example in multithreading, know when to use heap and when stack memory and are familiar with performance optimization techniques for efficient video-data processing.
- You are familiar with software profiling and are proficient in relevant tools, such as valgrind, perf etc.
- You are experienced in image and real time video processing and are familiar with technologies and frameworks such as H.264, H.265, FFmpeg and OpenCV.
- You have experience with video streaming technology such as RTMP, Multiplexing and GStreamer.
- It is a plus if you have some knowledge about neural network architectures and their implementation.
- “Can do” and above all “want to do” attitude.
- Motivated fast learner and problem solver who can work in a team as well as independently.
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to actively contribute to future mobility challenges.
- To increase your know-how in state-of-the-art technologies: Data Analytics, Machine Learning and Embedded Development.
- Flat hierarchies and work in a small but highly motivated, multidisciplinary, and multicultural team. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity.
- To work in a vibrant start-up environment in the heart of Berlin with the chance to play a big role in the success of Teraki. We do work that matters.
If you like what you read then don’t wait, apply now!