VP Product / Head of Product Management
Tellus is a fintech company that is unlocking the value of real estate. We’re innovating at the intersection of the personal savings and mortgage lending markets. We help renters become homeowners and we’re on a mission to wean people off of credit cards. Your Tellus credit score is based on your good financial behaviors like paying rent on time and saving money regularly. Our super-wallet app provides savings, investment and asset management features that accelerate wealth creation for everybody - you never earn less than 3% APY on idle money - and we deliver joy and delight through our Boost rewards system.
To the Moon
Tellus was founded in 2016 by two Stanford and Berkeley grads as a real estate management and data company. Today we are a team of 30+ seasoned operators, engineers, personal finance geeks and product imagineers with a home base in Silicon Valley and a team distributed around the country and the world – allowing a work culture that encompasses a diverse global perspective. Our revenue has grown about 900% YoY since launch and we have powerfully positive unit economics on every user acquired. We are proud of the impact we are already having and we are just getting started.
Our Core Values
We pursue excellence together –– we take risks and learn from mistakes; we are committed to improving outcomes with each iteration. We operate with integrity –– we take ownership and are accountable to ourselves, our teammates, and our customers. We have a bias for action –– when we discuss a course of action, we may disagree, but we always commit to executing together as a team. We are proactive –– not reactive.
A Product Champion that can articulate a clear Product Vision and bridge that with day-to-day roadmap management
What we are looking for
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Integrity in action
Growth oriented. Able and willing to coach and teach to build a scalable team
Adaptability. Willing to assume roles to further our cause as a company
Makes an impact on the business and organization beyond his/her immediate team
Strives for continuous improvement and development. Never settles and looks for the next challenge or next step to grow and expand
Thrives under uncertainty and ambiguity. Persistent and motivated under pressure
Data-driven, creative, and continuously testing while looking for new and innovative ways to delight our customers.
- Plan and drive the product’s roadmap. Continuously adapt and update the roadmap to keep it aligned with the company's strategic priorities and continous user feedback.
- Find and prioritize areas for testing user flow. Form user personas and behavior hypotheses to share with the team. Uncover users’ needs and develop a deep understanding of their usage patterns.
- Understand and identify user behavior at key points in the funnel and recommend improving ments to the overall user experience.
- Own the PRD documentation process; ensure ownership buy-in and sign off on product requirements across departments
MARKETING AND BRAND MANAGEMENT
- Communicate clearly with peers and leadership on projects, tests, plans, and marketing initiatives. Work with a variety of professionals to ship features that improve the entire experience for our users.
- Learn and share customer, product and industry insights throughout the organization. Serve as adomain expert and champion to help improve the product and the business.
- Communicate our product value proposition - internally and externally
- Build and support effective product distribution processes to help ensure execution success.
- Collaborate with designers, marketers and other developers; work within project teams, while also working independently with efficiency; can manage multi-time zones
- Design documentation and validation reviews; apply process management techniques to improve standards, processes, and metrics.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced (constantlt iterating) environment, managing multiple priorities
- Flex with projects as they change, adapting work plans and schedules to complete work as needed
At least 5+ years of working experience in Product Management, requires some experience managing Mobile Apps
Experience in navigating cross-function product collaboration - steering growth initiatives across multiple products
Track record of achieving strategic business goals while building a long term product roadmap.
Experience managing products in highly regulated industries
Experience with b2c products and/or financial service industry is highly valued
Company is a startup - The ability to wear multiple hats is critical
Highly organized, ability to multitask
Passion for FinTech / WealthTech / PropTech
- Autonomy to implement and execute your ideas;
- Unlimited growth with a forward-thinking company;
- Relaxed work environment without micromanagement;
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage (US employees only, sorry);
- Competitive salary + equity.
Posted salary range is target budget for SF-based candidates; our pay policy will adjust global candidate compensation based on their local cost of living