Growth Marketing Manager
We’re setting out to level the playing field for job seekers, building a truly consumer-first platform that equips people with the tools, technology, and resources they need to feel empowered to achieve career growth on their own terms. Our long-term goal: to help people make confident career decisions from the day they start working to the day they retire—and that starts with the job search.
- Continuously find opportunities to enrich, expedite steps across our various growth marketing processes to increase quality of output, volume
- Conduct comprehensive SEO research around new topics for our programmatic, editorial and YouTube content strategies
- Leverage automation to streamline the content planning and briefing processes for net new content and ongoing refreshes
- Own the publishing process for our editorial content to ensure content is being shipped at an efficient pace without errors
- Own the post-publishing workflow for all new content sitewide, including internal linking updates, indexing + discoverability tasks, content tracking, and ensuring our content mangement system is always in-sync with other tools
- Work closely with APIs, analytics tools, and 3rd party SEO tools to fetch data to support decision making for different Growth Marketing projects
- Build dashboards, visualizations, and regularly monitor performance data to identify key fluctations and promptly communicate trends
- 3 years of experience in a SEO, Growth Ops, or Marketing Ops role, ideally in a startup environment for a B2C audience
- Strong experience building and owning workflows as it relates to SEO, content research, briefing, content production, and publishing new website content on an ongoing basis
- Proven experience building workflows and systems with the use of automation tools like Zapier, Make, Airtable, or Autocode, to streamline day-to-day tasks for other team members
- Solid SEO experience with the ability to conduct topic research, optimize internal links, and run periodic website crawls using a variety of tools like Ahrefs, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, among others
- Hands-on experience working directly within content management systems (WordPress, Webflow, etc.) to create, update, and publish content on regular basis
- Highly data-driven with experience and savviness working with Google Analytics 4, Google Search Console to analyze website traffic data, keyword ranking data, and conversion data to inform decision making across the scope of Growth
- Experience working directly with APIs to fetch data regularly
- Experience writing Python and/or NodeJS scripts for marketing use cases
- Familiarity with the Webflow and Airtable APIs
- Experience working with ChatGPT, Claude in a systemized manner
- Experience building performance dashboards with tools like Looker Studio, Amplitude to monitor core KPIs on a daily basis
Skills & Tools You Will Use And Learn
- Zapier, Make, Autocode
- Ahrefs, Surfer
- Screaming Frog
- GA4, GTM, Google Search Console
- Amplitude, Looker Studio
- ChatGPT, Claude, Bard
- Visual Studio Code
What Great Looks Like
At 1 week:
- The focus of week 1 is learning. Learning about our technology, our systems, our users, their challenges, and how we solve them.
- You will become a Teal power user and understand the ins and outs of our KPIs, our tools, and platforms.
- You will have launched a new or improved automation for one of our workflows.
- You will immerse yourself in our content operations, existing data sets and growth platforms.
At 1 month:
- You will have audited our current workflows, tracking systems, notification systems
- You will have audited and optimized the internal links across our existing editorial content
- You will have a deep understanding of our end-to-end content processes and have ideas about how to make improvements + address gaps
- You will have preliminary ideas on how to better leverage automation, AI to accelerate Teal’s growth marketing output
At 3 months:
- You have led the content operations for 20+ new pieces of content and 10+ refreshes without a hitch
- You have identified, tested, and implemented new solutions to help scale the efforts of our Growth team
- You have developed a system to source, optimize, and scale image content for our various channels
- You will have command of our various workflows and automation platforms
- You will have a better sense of not only how to streamline operations, but how to improve processes in ways that will increase quality of output
What We Offer
- Salary: $75,000 - $85,000
- Incentive Stock Options proportionate to salary
- Fully remote work & remote office stipend (coworking, laptop, etc.)
- No company-wide meetings on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- Career development stipend
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave, earned 1 week for each month of tenure
- 80 - 100% coverage of health insurance (depending on chosen plan) & 401K Benefits with up to 4% company matching
- As mentioned we are fully remote, however once per year we pay for the entire company to fly to the same city for a week of fun projects and general team building, think hackathons, boat rides and great food.
- Guaranteed 1-month severance if things don’t work out. You are trusting us with your career, and we want you to know we take it seriously.
Our Hiring Process
- We read every application and make our best effort to reply to everyone.
- Please read the job description. We love when people strive but if you do not meet more than 50% of the requirements, we are less likely to respond. PLEASE look at the requirements.
- Goal: High-level qualifications & mutual fit
- 30-minute Zoom with the hiring manager
- We make sure to preserve 10 minutes for your questions.
- We will provide the questions and guidance in advance.
- Goals: Deeper understanding of qualifications
- 2-3 hour Zoom with the hiring manager & another product team member
- This is a realistic interview. No abstract puzzles. There is a question and answer session, some live working, and a problem solving session.
Work Culture Interview
- Goal: Meet more of the Team
- 60-minute Zoom with 2 Teal team members
- We will provide the questions and guidance in advance.
- We will ask for 2 references from your most recent managers that you are comfortable using as references.