Director/Sr. Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Boston, MA, USA · London, UK
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Tamr, the leader in data products, enables customers to consolidate messy source data into clean, curated, analytics-ready datasets. Organizations benefit from Tamr, the industry’s first suite of data products that combine human curation, patented machine learning, mastering rules and enrichment with first- and third-party data to accelerate business outcomes and deliver business-changing insights. Tamr’s cloud-native and SaaS solutions enable industry leaders such as Toyota, Western Union and GSK to get ahead and stay ahead in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
As Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for leading the overall product marketing strategy to support our data products business. As a key member of the Growth team reporting directly to the CMO/Head of Growth, you will partner with colleagues to develop a deep technical understanding of our product, and translate it into messaging and content for business and technical audiences. You will create product-focused content to support marketing and sales efforts throughout the conversion funnel, using a blend of sales-led and product-led growth motions. You will also be an integral part of Tamr’s product strategy and work closely with Product leadership to define the vision and positioning.
To be successful in the role, candidates need experience in and strong technical knowledge of the data industry, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and a strong bias for action. The ideal candidate will have product marketing experience with both sales-led and product led growth strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Articulating how Tamr fits into the data management ecosystem, particularly the emerging Data Products space and as a better alternative to traditional Master Data Management (MDM)
- Collaborating with Demand Gen team to develop messaging, positioning, and product content to support our go to market strategy
- Supporting Sales with enablement content on product, partner, and market ecosystem
- Analyzing how our prospects engage with the product during self-guided demos and free trials and sharing insights on how we can improve the product to drive a PLG strategy
- Owning Analyst Relations with a goal of furthering Tamr’s position as a differentiated solution in the MDM category and a thought leader in the emerging Data Products category
- Developing joint messaging and content for key Cloud and data enrichment partners
- Representing Tamr at external events and webinars in thought leadership or product sessions
- Managing 1-2 direct reports in creating messaging, content, and sales enablement materials
Essential Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 10+ years of experience in the tech industry, with at least 3 years in product marketing role at a company in the data management space
- Strong understanding the data technology ecosystem and ability to position an organization’s value in a crowded and complex marketplace
- Ability to translate technical capabilities into business value language that resonates with prospects and internal teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate a complex product into clear and concise messaging
- Strong interpersonal skills to coordinate internal leaders/teams and external stakeholders
- Good stage presence and expertise in external and internal presentations
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data (such as product usage stats) and summarize actionable insights
Nice to have skills:
- Strong technical knowledge of the data and analytics ecosystem
- Experience as a data scientist or data management professional
- Technical degree or MBA
This position is available in Cambridge, MA or London, UK. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa. Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.