Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, August 12, 2023
Tamr, the leader in data products, enables customers to consolidate messy source data into clean, curated, analytics-ready datasets. Organizations benefit from Tamr, the industry’s first suite of data products that combine human curation, patented machine learning, mastering rules and enrichment with first- and third-party data to accelerate business outcomes and deliver business-changing insights. Tamr’s cloud-native and SaaS solutions enable industry leaders such as Toyota, Western Union and GSK to get ahead and stay ahead in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and highly motivated Staff Accountant to join our team. This position will play a crucial role in supporting our company's financial operations, ensuring legal compliance, and by providing accurate, timely financial information to management.
- Book journal entries, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations
- Create customer invoices, apply cash payments, and collections.
- Participate in the month, quarter, and year-end close processes
- Process accounts payable vendor invoices including electronic payments
- Assist in preparing financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Participate in process improvement activities, including enhancements to current financial processes and the Company’s financial system
- Support external audit requirements, including assisting with sampling requests, reconciliations and various audit requests
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Excellent understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Experience with Accounting Software: NetSuite, Bill.com, Avalara, Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter who is able to work independently and take ownership of the role
Other Preferred Qualifications / Nice to Have:
- 2 years of experience in Accounting or a related field.
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote with occasional in office meetings
- Flexible PTO
- 401k Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.